• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Parking Pass Benefits?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

First time season ticket holder here. Considering donating to the Bulls Club and getting a season parking pass (for lots 6 or 7). Just wanted to know the benefits of season passes vs. paying on game day? (I usually get to games 3-4 hours before the kick, so I'm not too worried about availability of parking) 

Do those who park in lots 6 or 7 get more space to tailgate or anything? Besides distance to the stadium what are the benefits of lots 6 and 7 vs. 8P and 7P? 

Go Bulls! 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

I have done both (with parking pass and without) in lot 6. You can get to the trees in lot 6 with a pass but not with out. So that's a benefit. Also, any entertainment USF puts out will mingle around there. No extra space to tailgaite

Edited by jchem1995

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

If you get there as early as you say, it shouldn't be an issue, but if you look at the map, you will see that Lot 6 doesn't necessarily get you closer to the stadium than day-of-game parking in Lot 7P.  It is a comfort though knowing that if you happen to run late, there will be a spot waiting for you.  And almost always, you will then be allowed to park in any of the lots (even those that may require an additional donation amount) since the folks that direct you where to park have already been let go.

Since you asked about extra space to tailgate, I've often purchased an extra pass that allows us to have an empty space next to us for more room.  I think it's more of a benefit to those that get there really early as you most likely will be parking next to others that plan on staying in the lot to tailgate.  Unfortunately with the changes made to the tickets and parking last year, I'm now limited to only two parking passes and one of those I give to a fellow season ticket holder so we no longer have the extra space.  Last year we were very fortunate that it seemed like there were always cars next to us with people who parked and walked immediately to the stadium or somewhere else.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Boomer

• Topic Count:  2,327
  • Content Count:  21,275
  • Days Won:  10

Lot 6, arrive early and you can get under the trees and tailgate without the Sun shinning down on you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

Only two real benefits that I can think of: 

Guaranteed to be surrounded mostly by other Bulls fans.

Most importantly, the parking fee goes to USF, not the TSA. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Agree with Trip and Boomer.

We have a group of 4 - 6 vehicles( 4-6 because some times people are late) that meet at Hooters and parade in. That way we have all of our tailgate space side-by-side.

We tried once to get back-to-back across the tailgating space, but the parking gestapo nearly had a stroke...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,449
  • Days Won:  13

I decided to just buy parking the day of game, if for some reason I miss a game then I wont have to eat the parking.

USF should provide the parking at a rate lower than what the game day parking is. If they did that more people would buy through them and if USF gets that money (Season ticket parking) they may actually make more money by selling a larger amount of passes.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I decided to just buy parking the day of game, if for some reason I miss a game then I wont have to eat the parking.

USF should provide the parking at a rate lower than what the game day parking is. If they did that more people would buy through them and if USF gets that money (Season ticket parking) they may actually make more money by selling a larger amount of passes.

If the contract is still set up the same way that I remember it. USF gets X number of parking spaces, lets say 3000. If USF offered a $10 discount on parking passes, then sold 5000, they would have to pay the TSA for 2000 spaces in full, which means they would lose $20,000. I know USF wants to sell out the parking it gets, so they must have concluded they can do that or at least get close without offering a discount. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,449
  • Days Won:  13

11 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

If the contract is still set up the same way that I remember it. USF gets X number of parking spaces, lets say 3000. If USF offered a $10 discount on parking passes, then sold 5000, they would have to pay the TSA for 2000 spaces in full, which means they would lose $20,000. I know USF wants to sell out the parking it gets, so they must have concluded they can do that or at least get close without offering a discount. 

I guess that make sense. Just part of having to deal with TSA> Hopefully at some point we have our own stadium. I am also a Fins season ticket holder (Obviously the NFL is different) I don't go to every game but the parking cost be $20 a game as a season ticket holder. Gameday parking is $40 and usually much further from the stadium. It's a nice perk as a Season ticket holder.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Mike, I think in your scenario, USF would only lose $5,000. 5000 spots sold @ $5 ea =  $25,000. Payout to TSA, 2000 spots @ $15 ea = $30,000 ..... but you'd think they'd cut off the sales at the number allotted by the TSA to begin with. Bottom line, though, is that if you're a season ticket holder and planning to park on TSA property anyway, buying the season parking from USF is pretty much a no brainer, IMO. $15 to park is a good price and it's one of those much needed little "fund raisers" that helps out USF.