• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Commemorative Bowl Ticket ? ? ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have all of the commerative bowl  game tickets with coaches (one has Leroy Selmon...after CJL was let go) signatures. I guess this one will be the odd looking one with s different case. Regardless, this is the best part of my USF sports collection. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I don't get way they changed it?? Guess I'm going to have to research how to get the same case as the others. And I guess I have to ask CWT for his signature. If something works don't change it. Would have gladly paid for it. 

Edited by jjlovecub

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,347
  • Days Won:  43

Received mine and want to say thanks!! Although it didn't come with it signed and in a case, I appreciate getting that nice letter from Taggart that gave USF fans thanks. Also like the info telling fans to get season tix. Nice touch from the marketing dept. thanks 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  2

Has anyone heard if USF plans on selling the commerative tickets?

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

Just got mine. 

Like an idiot I didn't buy one in 2010 after the Car Care Bowl win over Clemson but have all of the other ones.

In the unlikely event someone here has an extra one of those, I would be willing to trade my Beach Bowl ticket plus cash on my end for one of those. Hit me up. 

And agreed on the no case, kinda weird. 

Edited by crambone

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I have found sites that have the display cases similar to previous ones, however all the sites i am finding them on, want quantity orders.....google ticket display acrylic case.......see what you can find....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am going to check my local sports memorabilia store to see if they have anything similar to what we used to get. We have another store up here called Michaels that also sells sports memorabilia cases that I am gong to check out. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Help me understand the draw for these commemerative tickets.  I'm not trying to be a Debbie-downer, but I got mine and it almost looks like one of those laminated game schedule bookmarks to me.  I honestly think the actual bowl game ticket I got for the game looks better and would be more valuable.  If I had to choose between the two to get autographed and placed in a case, it would be the actual game ticket - not the commerative one.

Do these really have collector's value like trading cards or something?  I thought that maybe they were more for people that didn't get to go to the game, but only those that went got them, correct?

Again, I hope I'm writing this in a way that conveys my ignorance of the excitement about these and my desire to understand better.  I do appreciate the thought and effort to get these out to us.

Edited by Boomer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

No real value here, just my OCD alarm going off, lol...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239
  • Days Won:  2

I am in the Herd of Thunder and I thought it was a pretty cool gesture for athletics to send us all a ticket as well. I'm going to start collecting them every year