• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Campus Changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Some nice enhancements coming to the Tampa campus.  Looks like clubhouses are planned for Tennis, Baseball and Softball along with new rec fields.  New campus entrance and new dorms with the Publix are illustrated in the diagram.  Not on the diagram is the new football stadium which will be across the street (MOSI site).    

Tampa Campus Changes.JPG

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, atl86bull said:

Some nice enhancements coming to the Tampa campus.  Looks like clubhouses are planned for Tennis, Baseball and Softball along with new rec fields.  New campus entrance and new dorms with the Publix are illustrated in the diagram.  Not on the diagram is the new football stadium which will be across the street (MOSI site).    

Tampa Campus Changes.JPG

Besides coming into campus across from the VA and into the more medical-related area of campus,  anyone know why they are switching the main entrance?  The way the campus appears today,  it doesn't really make sense when they have already built up the current entrance that takes visitors directly to the administration offices that houses the visitor center.  What they need to do is build a beautiful new administration/ welcome center at the end of that nicely landscaped road to become the centerpoint of the entrance.  I feel like a switch to the Bruce B Downs side is a less "dramatic" entrance for visitors for lack of a better term. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Besides coming into campus across from the VA and into the more medical-related area of campus,  anyone know why they are switching the main entrance?  The way the campus appears today,  it doesn't really make sense when they have already built up the current entrance that takes visitors directly to the administration offices that houses the visitor center.  What they need to do is build a beautiful new administration/ welcome center at the end of that nicely landscaped road to become the centerpoint of the entrance.  I feel like a switch to the Bruce B Downs side is a less "dramatic" entrance for visitors for lack of a better term. 

Where does it say they are changing the "main campus entrance"?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, mattegunz said:

Where does it say they are changing the "main campus entrance"?

I wonder if he misread the OP:

1 hour ago, atl86bull said:

New campus entrance and new dorms with the Publix are illustrated in the diagram.

...and thought it meant a new main entrance, rather than just an additional one

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

I think it's just an additional enhancement of the entrance that already exists on that side... how i read it.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

I wish they would get rid of the churches on 50th. They are all run down and barely used. It would be better suited as Greek row. It could really be a nice addition to the gameday atmosphere when the OCS is built.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

3 minutes ago, BullMSEE said:

I wish they would get rid of the churches on 50th. They are all run down and barely used. It would be better suited as Greek row. It could really be a nice addition to the gameday atmosphere when the OCS is built.

From what I remember, the location of the new rec fields was supposed to be where phase 2 of Greek was going to be.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, jasonb56 said:

I think it's just an additional enhancement of the entrance that already exists on that side... how i read it.

Looks a brand new entrance south of the one that already exists off BBD .... but not replacing the main one off Fowler.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, BullMSEE said:

Careful ....

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/God-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-591560_500_276.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BullMSEE said:

There is already a Greek Village... and they show expansion of it in the master plan changes.