• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Future appears brighter..."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/basketball/college/future-appears-brighter-for-usf-mens-basketball/2260080

Good article with a little perspective on our current situation. Figured I would share with our community.

Also, an article for All You Can Eat included in certain tickets, http://www.tbo.com/life/blogs/free-and-cheap/usf-basketball-tix-feature-all-you-can-eat-option-20160104/

Edited by JoshuaG
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

it does give even more optimistic view then i thought for next ear.  I'm still not sold on peters, and this is a point guard driven game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Hard to be optimistic for me. Seems like we hear this same story every year. We have been playing shorthanded for one reason or another since McCullum cleaned house his first year. 

To count on so much youth or newcomers to come together in one season and expect success is a lot to ask. 

I think we are at least 3 years away from even respectibility.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Lets face it we can't become much worse than we are currently.  Assuming everyone stays healthy, in COA's 3rd year he must put together a winning season.  We have all read about and have seen his recruiting ability.  Next year it is time to see the talent recruited turn into talent on the court that works hard and plays together as a team and produces wins. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Hard to be optimistic for me. Seems like we hear this same story every year. We have been playing shorthanded for one reason or another since McCullum cleaned house his first year. 

To count on so much youth or newcomers to come together in one season and expect success is a lot to ask. 

I think we are at least 3 years away from even respectibility.   

To me, it feels like we've been playing shorthanded for as long as I can remember.  Looking at the two benches during games, it always seemed like the other team had twice as many players dressed out. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I also want to give up on the Antigua experiment.  But as we saw with the football team, we could be close to turning the whole thing around.  So a bit more patience could be rewarded.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Antigua will get a 3rd season just like Taggart got. Now if Antigua doesn't produce next year he might not get a year 4 that would strictly depend on if the team has shown improvement on the court 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The question is how do we define improvement next year? Must he be above 500 next year? If so, I doubt he stays. Must the team pass the eye test for improvement? If so he probably stays.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Antigua will get a 3rd season just like Taggart got. Now if Antigua doesn't produce next year he might not get a year 4 that would strictly depend on if the team has shown improvement on the court 

Agreed, this is the most fair option. We have been playing a lot better recently (Other than turnovers), and if we played like this all season we would probably have 6-8 wins already. I see no reason why this team won't have a winning record next year especially if we get Holston and Peters back, as well as an actual point guard on the team that can go in if we need ball control. McMurray won't need to play the most minutes in the American anymore, and he will have some help on offense do he won't be mauled every time he gets the ball. And if we get any help from the transfers that are coming in we will be in good shape.