• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latrell Williams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Ran faster than recent UCF commit Adrian Killins who USF was after and who UCF is promoting as their new speed demon at the Bob Hayes Invitational last spring. 

Speed.PNG

That's one race for comparison. Killins is a faster 100m runner (10.5)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

Lake City (Fla.) Columbia WR Latrell Williams commits to #USF. Had over a handful of other offers, including Indiana .scout.com/player/203408-latrell-williams?year=2015&s=143 

Is that supposed to be a more impressive way of saying "several?" 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

That's one race for comparison. Killins is a faster 100m runner (10.5)

That was a 100 m race. Neither guy was at 10.5. Our guy was a tenth faster.

If your point was that those guys were pretty close and if they raced at 100m on several occasions that each would win some, I would agree.

Highlights show good hands, good acceleration and good speed. Odd though for a kid at a good 7A program like Columbia to not exist on any of the recruiting sites this late in the season. Grades is one possible explanation but hopefully not.

That was a 100 m race. Neither guy was at 10.5. Our guy was a tenth faster.

If your point was that those guys were pretty close and if they raced at 100m on several occasions that each would win some, I would agree.

I don't really know what you're getting at. Killins has a 100m PR of 10.53. He's faster...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Ran faster than recent UCF commit Adrian Killins who USF was after and who UCF is promoting as their new speed demon at the Bob Hayes Invitational last spring. 

Speed.PNG

Chauncy Gardner?  Awesome.

I don't really know what you're getting at. Killins has a 100m PR of 10.53. He's faster...

Killins was in the race that Kevin posted. He finished 5th with a time of 10.94. Williams finished 4th with a time of 10.83.  How is Killins faster?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Killins was in the race that Kevin posted. He finished 5th with a time of 10.94. Williams finished 4th with a time of 10.83.  How is Killins faster?

There's track speed...then there's football speed.  Hard to tell till you see them play.

• Upvote 1

There's track speed...then there's football speed.  Hard to tell till you see them play.

I agree with that. Latrell looks plenty fast on tape. However, there's HS fast and then there's college fast. 

The staff has recruited well and clearly have picked up talent the last couple years.  If they think he can play then I think they get the benefit of the doubt.  They were on McCants way before anyone else was a couple years ago and withstood a late charge from some big schools at the end to keep him. May be a similar situation here.

You can't be this dense man. In track and field, there are personal records (PR). The fastest man in the world isn't going to win every race, but what does matter is his PR. Killins PR is better than Williams PR. You don't go by 1 race to compare who the faster athlete is, you go by PR's. I ran track and field in high school (800m, mile, 2 mile, relays, etc..) I consistently was better than one of my teammates, but he beat me a couple of times just because I wasn't feeling great. My PR's (800m 1:59, mile 4:46, etc..) were better than his PR's (800m 2:04, mile 4:55), and even though he beat me a few times, I was the faster runner...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1