• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My take on what Mark Harland and USF Athletics need to do.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Harlan came to USF at a tough time, when men's bball was needing a new coach and football was at new low, not to mention the conference changes.

He's done a great job at putting a face on USF Athletics since his arrival. Did Woolard ever tweeted or even smiled?

And USF is starting to promote itself. But it was tough when men's ball and football brought little joy to the fans.

Now, finally, there's something to smile about with football.

I think the promotions and marketing will start to take off now that football is back.

Nice first post.   Anyone else winner how the handle "USF" is still available after all this time?  

It's not supposed to be used... I am sure Brad will be getting him to change that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

Harlan came to USF at a tough time, when men's bball was needing a new coach and football was at new low, not to mention the conference changes.

He's done a great job at putting a face on USF Athletics since his arrival. Did Woolard ever tweeted or even smiled?

And USF is starting to promote itself. But it was tough when men's ball and football brought little joy to the fans.

Now, finally, there's something to smile about with football.

I think the promotions and marketing will start to take off now that football is back.

MBB didn't really NEED a new coach and Harlan didn't hire Taggart but his extension given does mean he's 1 for 2 at this point with the the major sports ...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

MBB didn't really NEED a new coach and Harlan didn't hire Taggart but his extension given does mean he's 1 for 2 at this point with the the major sports ...

In "need", I meant that Harlan had to hire a new bball coach because there wasn't one: the lady with the sailboat made the call, I believe.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Increasing our hype around campus is a necessity and we have to get it going. Winning will bring fans and eventually recruits, but if we can fill the stadium and stands most nights just to show the love and some support that might help us bring in interest off of sheer environment. Oh, and playing for a loud, supportive base might just get our players fire's burning. What player doesn't love making a play that can erupt the crowd. I know its just as demoralizing as a visitor Just some thoughts.

Go Bulls!
#thestampede

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Nice first post.   Anyone else winner how the handle "USF" is still available after all this time?  

holy crap, I was thinking the same thing....

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Increasing our hype around campus is a necessity and we have to get it going. Winning will bring fans and eventually recruits, but if we can fill the stadium and stands most nights just to show the love and some support that might help us bring in interest off of sheer environment. Oh, and playing for a loud, supportive base might just get our players fire's burning. What player doesn't love making a play that can erupt the crowd. I know its just as demoralizing as a visitor Just some thoughts.

Go Bulls!
#thestampede

I don't understand why the business school or other departments have hundreds of "interns" working on these real life problems the OP refers to.  Would be a great way to earn additional credits toward your degree while helping to solve a tangible issues

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Once Judy gave the choke expression when asked about the men's hoops team under Heath, you knew a change was coming. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

I know this may come as a shock to some of you.  Some of the 40K at USF and the 4M in Tampa may have zero interest in sports.  Yes, I know, shocking.  Why didn't God make everyone just like me? Perfect.

we are hoping to change this with tons of winning!! Plus it is important that USF fans have tons of kids and raise them up to be USF fans. Get them hooked!! 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

I like most of your ideas. A lot if it is just hard work rather than needing to spend a lot of money. It's about creating a buzz on campus and around town. 

I'm from Jax and was down there over the summer. I went to the mall near the campus and only found one store that carried USF merchandise. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed not to find more merchandise so close to the campus.