• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tranfers and walk-ons on roster

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Of the players on the roster that sat out this year, due to medical reasons, transfer rules, walk-ons, etc., who are we counting on the most to step up and be a difference maker next year? Also, do you think we have any commitments that can step in on day one and make a difference?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

This question is easy for me. Reilly Gibbons. Thor, Djulbegovic, and Brynjar are leaving, so i suspect there will be plenty of shifting around the Oline

Edited by CaliforniaBull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I would agree that Gibbons is key to the OL next year.  Also, I hear that M Valdes-Scantling is tearing up on the practice squad, so I would expect him to get in to the rotation at WR.

And lastly, I think A Hudson will get a strong look to take over the husky position.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725

Im sure Thor could get a Medical Redshirt if he applied for one.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

In addition to Hudson, Valdez and Gibbons, it still matters how Woolard does.  Yes, Flowers has gone from potential position switch from QB to the one AW needs to beat out to start.  It'll likely take more than a strong spring for AW to start the next season.  I see Flowers' performance and real game experience to lock in an opening day start...and to be his till be is injured or performs poorly.

From the 2015 class, looking forward to seeing:

1. Marlon Gonzalez (highly rated, but injured.  Have heard zero about him).

2. Nate Ferguson (another highly regarded DB).

And, I only heard high touted Jimmy Bayes' name called once all year...on a special team penalty.  Wonder if he'll ever contribute in a meaningful way.

Lastly, Cecil Cherry, at LB.  We lose Nigel Harris & Whitehurt...so we'll need some guys to step up big.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

We lose whitehurst bullock and hill iirc.  We need vincent jackson to mold himself to the bull position.  We lose Hamilton and Awoleke too so having Calloway back would be swell.  On the other side of things we need someone to pick  the vacuum Price and Pope are leaving behind as run blockers and pass catchers.  Dillon is really raw and will need step up.  

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

Any hope for Kennard Swanson to make it back to USF?   That guy was a beast.   

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We lose whitehurst bullock and hill iirc.  We need vincent jackson to mold himself to the bull position.  We lose Hamilton and Awoleke too so having Calloway back would be swell.  On the other side of things we need someone to pick  the vacuum Price and Pope are leaving behind as run blockers and pass catchers.  Dillon is really raw and will need step up.  

Losing Eric Lee hurts the most, IMO.  Others will need to step up.  Bronson really came on strong late in the season, and Bruce Hector had several highlight moments, and he's only a soph.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

In addition to Hudson, Valdez and Gibbons, it still matters how Woolard does.  Yes, Flowers has gone from potential position switch from QB to the one AW needs to beat out to start.  It'll likely take more than a strong spring for AW to start the next season.  I see Flowers' performance and real game experience to lock in an opening day start...and to be his till be is injured or performs poorly.

And, I only heard high touted Jimmy Bayes' name called once all year...on a special team penalty.  Wonder if he'll ever contribute in a meaningful way.

Lastly, Cecil Cherry, at LB.  We lose Nigel Harris & Whitehurt...so we'll need some guys to step up big.

great points. Nigel Harris was a junior this year so he still has another year

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Should we expect Mayes to be an impact player next year?  I thought he was pretty highly regarded coming in. I have not heard much about him.