• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who gets Coach of the Year in the American?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I could go off on the Juniors and Sophomore names making huge contributions to the team right now. This team will not pull a UCF and go from good to bad that quickly. VT is a mess right now. My point is that Memphis will be good for the next few years and can easily be ranked with continued success and we saw this year, that if they run the table, they have a real shot at the CFP. When you start fresh at a new place, it is hard to build up a program from the ground up when you have had a history of success like VT. It is expected to be done overnight, or else you're gone. Then lets say he is fired from VT, after very mediocre seasons... Where does he go from there? I just think with comparable money, why not stay? I guess we should wait and see what he was offered.

There's no way in hell Memphis runs the table next year. I think Memphis will be average without Fuente next year and more importantly, without Lynch. I guess we'll have to wait to see who's right. If he's gets fired in 3 years, then he can get another job in CUSA or the AAC. It's not like his career will be over. If you're offered a decent P5 job, you take it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I think the AAC is better than people think.  Memphis, Temple, Houston, and Navy are legitimate good teams.  Uconn is improving and Cincy can hang with anybody.  The thing is, when we saw the national media talk about the AAC, it was when an AAC team beat a ooc opponent or kept it very close.  If the Bulls can win the ooc games next year, along with a respectable showing by the rest of the AAC, respect will start coming.  First things first, AAC teams need to win the bowl games they get invited to this year.  That'll turn some heads.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

There's no way in hell Memphis runs the table next year. I think Memphis will be average without Fuente next year and more importantly, without Lynch. I guess we'll have to wait to see who's right. If he's gets fired in 3 years, then he can get another job in CUSA or the AAC. It's not like his career will be over. If you're offered a decent P5 job, you take it.

I don't see Memphis running the table next year either. But who knows, they will still be at LEAST a 7-8 win team. And no one from the AAC is hiring Fuente if he sucks big time at VT. Prime example, you don't see decent AAC teams buzzing about Randy Shannon, Al Golden, Randy Edsall, or Steve Sark, and at one point they were hot commodities. Maybe the sorry excuse for a program Tulane might... Point is, failures go back to the drawing boards as coordinators aka less pay. Its a gamble. I guess its all worth it if he makes more money and kicks ass at VT.

Edited by CaliforniaBull

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

Well, I think the AAC is better than people think.  Memphis, Temple, Houston, and Navy are legitimate good teams.  Uconn is improving and Cincy can hang with anybody.  The thing is, when we saw the national media talk about the AAC, it was when an AAC team beat a ooc opponent or kept it very close.  If the Bulls can win the ooc games next year, along with a respectable showing by the rest of the AAC, respect will start coming.  First things first, AAC teams need to win the bowl games they get invited to this year.  That'll turn some heads.

Outside of the NY6 bowl, I think the AAC can realistically run the table in bowl season with Greg Ward, Paxton Lynch and Jahad Thomas coming back. Have you seen our bowl lineup? It is cake. Hell, even Tulsa is 3-0 vs the G5 this year. I can't wait until the matchups are out. I hate to say it, but I don't think USF is ready for Houston, much less a NY6 team. But the simple fact of exposure makes it all worth it if we do make it.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

why?  Because he'd be sought after?  

yeah. I know its stupid but I get nervous when things start looking good..

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

yeah. I know its stupid but I get nervous when things start looking good..

that is a very Bulls thing to do.  :)  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241

Houston is raising the bar for coaches by offering Herman 3 million a year. So in my opinion UH > Vtech. Hoping other AAC teams follow with the pay raises too. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I really feel like if the AAC stuck together, this would be a better job than VT. Think about it, the AAC had a winning record this year vs the ACC. There is something to build on in the AAC. If we can just add Boise and one more (Air Force would be my pick, but maybe Marshall, NIU, or even Arkansas St, which has dominated the sun belt almost every year, and isn't a directional school). And while we are at it, gosh darn it, dismiss Tulane because that was a terrible add from the start and still friggin is and idk what the bring to the AAC at all

Awesome away game locale? ..... If we ever get to play them.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

taggart for sure

i am not sure people noticed how bad we were to begin with

we sure know

• Upvote 1