• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm just under no delusions that the "checks from the mouth" carry any sort of weight, importance or relevance, in any circumstance, related to the team that is actually playing the game.  

except that if the team playing the game unimaginably loses this slam-dunk of a game, the other team's fandom comes calling for payment. And yeah, that's part of the fun too, but I personally don't like to be that beastie that jaws too much. Lacks class to me.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

No disrespect to old heads but I believe this USF team doesn't care much for our past history and superstitions. They make their own luck and write their own history. They don't care about uniform combos, what day the game is played on, what time of year it is, or even the opponent to an extent. They are focused on being 1% better than they were before. They've earned my trust and faith. I Bullieve we will lay the smack down on Thursday, all the while being thankful for the butt wooopin' we're givin' them. 

I never really give 2 ishts about those factoids like "Team X has never won a night game in California on artificial turf" or anything like that, but yeah, at the same time, there's never really been a team here that was "complete" enough to every really take care of business without some 'letdown' games here and there. Leavitt was great at getting his teams fired up for WV, or FSU, but not so much keeping them up for a sneaky loss to UConn or Rutgers. Perhaps this team has already gotten their letdown games out of the way. 

More often to me, it was a reflection of the team's coach, not of the players themselves going "Well USF is 0-3 overall against Ga Southern" or some BS. Leavitt's teams would play up and down, Holtz team's just played down. Tags teams before the 2nd half of this season would generally come out fired up, then mentally check out around the first sight of adversity. Now,,, well I really don't know- they've been playing great but it's a small sample size. I do however think that even if they don't bring their A game Thursday they can still get the job done without it turning into a nail biter.