• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

But wouldn't you say the same for when we faced Maryland & Navy? I would and heck, I might even throw Memphis & FSU in there...I mean, take Dalvin's contributions out and we did a solid job on D in Doak so we were this (Cincy/Temple) offense away from a win.

[edit] so I agree with that statement, and I'm fine with being called cautious but at the end of the game I won't have a voice either.

Navy was not a bad game as much as Quinton and Mack were hurting so we had no room for mistakes. We have made mistakes in the other games it is just we were able to compensate for them. So I would not compare the Navy and Maryland game because they are not both apples.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Yeah, I kind of feel like in the history of USF football, the moment I expect something great from them is the moment they let me down. 

That said, I was half expecting that Friday, and oh boy was that not the case. 

No disrespect to old heads but I believe this USF team doesn't care much for our past history and superstitions. They make their own luck and write their own history. They don't care about uniform combos, what day the game is played on, what time of year it is, or even the opponent to an extent. They are focused on being 1% better than they were before. They've earned my trust and faith. I Bullieve we will lay the smack down on Thursday, all the while being thankful for the butt wooopin' we're givin' them. 

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

But that's the reserved face saving cautious way to root for your team. I would bet my house that we monkey stomp UCF this Thursday if I could. We ARE just that good. We are not lucking into wins, we found our groove... Only thing that can beat this team is this team. 

You mean like 5 turnovers in the 1st half and 6 total?  Cinci didn't come here expecting to do that.  I hope we win this game by 50 and shut them out along the way.  But I'm guessing Gator fans were expecting that vs FAU.  I'll celebrate when its over (or when we have a 50 point lead).  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Navy was not a bad game as much as Quinton and Mack were hurting so we had no room for mistakes. We have made mistakes in the other games it is just we were able to compensate for them. So I would not compare the Navy and Maryland game because they are not both apples.

That's my whole point, our own shortfalls were our downfall. Bah, seriously don't take me to mean I'm down on them. I love this team and honestly I think they'll be ready. It's fan arrogance I'm more concerned about. I'd prefer to say nothing to them, go in silently, obliterate them in the first quarter (reducing their crowd to 10 die hards), and turn BounceHouse into a big amplifier that puts out one signal: "U-S-F, U-S-F..." :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

That's my whole point, our own shortfalls were our downfall. Bah, seriously don't take me to mean I'm down on them. I love this team and honestly I think they'll be ready. It's fan arrogance I'm more concerned about. I'd prefer to say nothing to them, go in silently, obliterate them in the first quarter (reducing their crowd to 10 die hards), and turn BounceHouse into a big amplifier that puts out one signal: "U-S-F, U-S-F..." :GoBulls:

Yeah I definitely would no sleep on UCF.  They have nothing to lose and I hope our guys stay disciplined and stay hungry.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Let the ones who want to be outspoken about us winning this game be so.

Let the ones who are afraid that too much confidence (by fans) will be the downfall of the team be so.

I feel pretty confident about Thursday myself, but I think it's incredibly narcissistic for fans to believe how they act or speak TRULY has any influence on the outcome of the game.  

We know USF is the more talented team on the field this Thursday, it's going to come down to whether or not THEIR heads are in the right place and if THEY'RE ready to take care of business.  How we feel about the game has absolutely no bearing on the outcome whatsoever.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Call me simple minded but I am proud of our Bulls & they need to know we are behind them.  Actually I had to eat crow regarding CWT.  I was wrong.  Both CWT & the team have grown & it's great to be a Bull's fan. I can't remember when we've had a team peaking in November.  Look how they took care of Temple & everyone was afraid that they would have a let down.  They came back even better so no reason to think otherwise for UCF.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Let the ones who want to be outspoken about us winning this game be so.

Let the ones who are afraid that too much confidence (by fans) will be the downfall of the team be so.

I feel pretty confident about Thursday myself, but I think it's incredibly narcissistic for fans to believe how they act or speak TRULY has any influence on the outcome of the game.  

We know USF is the more talented team on the field this Thursday, it's going to come down to whether or not THEIR heads are in the right place and if THEY'RE ready to take care of business.  How we feel about the game has absolutely no bearing on the outcome whatsoever.  

**** you just crushed so many dreams on this board

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Just to be clear if you're lookin at me, I don't think our feelings have ANY impact on the team. In terms of fandom though, I get uncomfortable when we write some big checks with our mouths that the team has to cash in on. As long as we win, it's a non-factor so everyone just have fun. I can't wait to be there for this one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just to be clear if you're lookin at me, I don't think our feelings have ANY impact on the team. In terms of fandom though, I get uncomfortable when we write some big checks with our mouths that the team has to cash in on.

Personally, for me, that's part of the fun of being a sports fan.  I realize it's not that way for everyone, hence my comment to "let the ones who ____."  

I'm just under no delusions that the "checks from the mouth" carry any sort of weight, importance or relevance, in any circumstance, related to the team that is actually playing the game.