• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

student section: what happens when it's full?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The student section was 12,501 not 15,000 (as you stated) ...until they

closed the upper deck this year.

actually, I said 15k plus.....  go back and check

Did no one read the original OP'S question.....

The question was when it's all full.....  

I stand by my answer, they would open up the 300's and the evidence you all posted stands to validate my point further.....

The policy is based upon multiple scenarios and outcomes....  if all the student tickets go, for the current 8,000 available, they expand up to 15k plus or 15,001 if you need me to spell it out, and those extra seats will be in the 300's...

They are not going to put students in revenue seats, to keep from opening up the pre-allotted 300 are above the student section.

As the policy reads, I am correct...  stop being crotchety old farts....  show me something, in writing, that gives another direction, and says students would have to buy tickets, and I'll go with it.....  

I don't disagree completely with what you are saying, I'm just following the written policy and trying to answer the OP'S question 

Edited by Skingraft
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I stand by my answer, they would open up the 300's and the evidence you all posted stands to validate my point further.....

The policy is based upon multiple scenarios and outcomes....  if all the student tickets go, for the current 8,000 available, they expand up to 15k plus or 15,001 if you need me to spell it out, and those extra seats will be in the 300's...

They are not going to put students in revenue seats, to keep from opening up the pre-allotted 300 are above the student section.

As the policy reads, I am correct...  stop being crotchety old farts....  show me something, in writing, that gives another direction, and says students would have to buy tickets, and I'll go with it.....  

I don't disagree completely with what you are saying, I'm just following the written policy and trying to answer the OP'S question 

I disagree... Harlan said this year they would not be opening the 300 levels... and they certainly would not do it just for a few hundred students.

My guess is they would start to give students the unsold tickets in the sections nearest the student section.
.. there are enough unsold ]tickets in the lower bowl to allow 25,000 students to sit there.

It's all a very moot point anyway, since USF has not come close to giving out all of the student tickets in quite a few years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

So in the new OCS, how big will the student section be?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What is this OCS you speak of?  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

They're not going to staff and maintain the 300 level just for a few hundred students. 

• Upvote 1

I agree gents, but we are playing the what if game....

If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle...

Now let's all hug it out....  no eye contact and I'm not going to believe that a pack of Rolaids in your pocket...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

30k minimum .... They're the main reason we'd build one