• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Women's Basketball vs Jacksonville Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

Williams has 32 points and 17 rebounds..is that good enough for a double-double?....wow

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Laksa will be our leading scorer next year.  Her stroke is pure

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF will play Drexel in round 2 of the WNIT:

Drexel 69, Dartmouth 53

PHILADELPHIA – Drexel took advantage of off-target shooting by Dartmouth and had a commanding lead by halftime to cruise to victory in the first round of the Preseason WNIT.

The Dragons (1-0) will play at South Florida in Round 2 on Sunday, Nov. 15, with tipoff set for 4 p.m. ET; the Big Green (0-1) will play next week in the consolation round, at a site to be determined.

Drexel had a 55-31 lead after three quarters and was able to get most of the roster on the floor by the final buzzer. Dartmouth had a more productive fourth quarter, but even that was just enough to get its shooting percentage into the low 30s overall.

Senior guard Rachel Pearson had 21 points, six rebound and five assists; junior forward Sarah Curran came through with 20 points and six rebounds. The Dragons had more turnovers than Dartmouth, but benefitted from a 41-28 edge in rebounding.

For the Big Green, senior forward Lakin Roland had 15 points and five rebounds. Sophomore guard Kate Letkewicz chipped in with seven points and eight rebounds.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

We will need Courtney to keep performing at this level if we are going to make it to the sweet 16 or beat uconn

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Bulls win 74-52! Williams with 34 points/ 18 rebounds

I was at the game and looked at the half time stat sheet that was passed around.  She had taken nearly 50% of the team's shots in the first half.  Appeared to be that or worse in the 2nd half.  It was not a good showing overall by the team.  Laska looked a bit tentative at times releasing her shot.  But she's a player and doesn't look like a FR.  The new girl that came from Texas somewhere got a few minutes - just enough for my wife to notice that she had Jordan OMG ball handling skills.  If the other players can't get off shots against Jax, we will have trouble remaining a Top 20 team.  They need to play better as a team.  Size is going to be a problem again this year it appears.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

I was at the game and looked at the half time stat sheet that was passed around.  She had taken nearly 50% of the team's shots in the first half.  Appeared to be that or worse in the 2nd half.  It was not a good showing overall by the team.  Laska looked a bit tentative at times releasing her shot.  But she's a player and doesn't look like a FR.  The new girl that came from Texas somewhere got a few minutes - just enough for my wife to notice that she had Jordan OMG ball handling skills.  If the other players can't get off shots against Jax, we will have trouble remaining a Top 20 team.  They need to play better as a team.  Size is going to be a problem again this year it appears.  

we had no trouble working our way up to this preseason ranking over the course of last season by winning nearly 30 games wth the SAME team. We had a rough first game. The girls didn't suddenly forget how to play. Jenkins fouled out early which was unfortunate but Williams stepped up and was 1 point shy of her career high and had 18 rebounds to make up for losing Jenkins. After watching that men's game tonight, the women are not the team I'm worried about lol once the girls begin to gel with some of the new additions and the new additions come into their own, we'll be fine. CJF is a proven winner. Have faith.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

we had no trouble working our way up to this preseason ranking over the course of last season by winning nearly 30 games wth the SAME team. We had a rough first game. The girls didn't suddenly forget how to play. Jenkins fouled out early which was unfortunate but Williams stepped up and was 1 point shy of her career high and had 18 rebounds to make up for losing Jenkins. After watching that men's game tonight, the women are not the team I'm worried about lol once the girls begin to gel with some of the new additions and the new additions come into their own, we'll be fine. CJF is a proven winner. Have faith.

I'm not saying they aren't a good team.  Just didn't like the way they went about it.  Don't see why your star has to step up and take 1/2 your shots against a team like this.  And, for the record, Courtney is still my favorite athlete at USF at this time.  And it worries me a bit that Jenkins did foul out against that team.  She needs to be on the floor.  Kind of like Cousins' silly over the back fouls for his first 2 fouls.  When your other center is hurt and can't play you need to be smarter and stay on the floor.