• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Tabbed Second In America Preseason Poll;

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I believe I read somewhere that you couldn't vote your own school #1, so it's likely Gino did it.

That actually would make the most sense.  Everyone would vote for UConn... since Gino cant, he votes for the next best: USF

Which is why USF has one #1 vote

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We had been in the running for a girl from Italy but she decided to play pro ball.  CJF thought she would have made us a Final Four team this year.  But he still is great at identifying and securing talent.  

Yes.

We also were in the running for a TOP transfer, from Marist, who took an official visit, but decided to go, I believe, to Dayton. She also would have been a difference maker. Perhaps, she thought that she wouldn't be the star here, like she was on her former team and had a better shot at starting for Dayton, since they lost some key players.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

Just a quick nod to Apis Bull, who was correct. Coaches can't vote for their own school. USF has gotten one vote each of the last 2 years and both times it came from Geno. 

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Yes.

We also were in the running for a TOP transfer, from Marist, who took an official visit, but decided to go, I believe, to Dayton. She also would have been a difference maker. Perhaps, she thought that she wouldn't be the star here, like she was on her former team and had a better shot at starting for Dayton, since they lost some key players.

Think about that, boys and girls.  A great player possibly not coming here because they wouldn't get the playing time they would if they went elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think we would take a step back without Williams and Jenkins, but the American isn't very strong in basketball except for us and uconn so I think we will still be 2nd in our conference and be a tournament team.

I agree.

However, Jose is bringing in much needed height, which is our main weakness.

Jazz Bond 6'3 is the star of this class.

CTtkxcWUwAEy1ZP.jpg:large

Congrats to 2016 TTP Black- Forward Jazz Bond for signing her NLI w/ Univ. of South Florida. @Jazzy_fizzlee3

As I mentioned in another thread, her teammate Crystal Dangerfield #1 PG is a UCONN signee.

In their first game of the season, Crystal scored 34 points and Jazz had 14 points and 14 rebounds. So, I think that Jazz could be an adequate replacement for Alisha:

"South Florida signee Jazz Bond added a double-double (14 points, 14 rebounds) as the Lady Blaze made first-year coach Jessica Jackson's debut a success."

Tamara Henshaw is listed at 6'2.

Embedded image permalinkShae Leverett, is 6'4:

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

0 retweets0 likes

Respect Leaphart ended up signing with Southern Miss.

In her stead, we added another international star in Enna Pehadzic. She averaged almost 18 points on her national team this summer.

PPG
RPG
APG
GAME STATS

She certainly will have an immediate impact next year.

12237210_437845933078215_52951986_n.jpg

Enna Pehadzic #9   Officially I am a part of the bulls family! #gobulls

COMMENTS   8

lg.php?bannerid=643352&campaignid=214765

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/101660-16-enna-pehadzic-of-denmark-gf-510-verbal/         

•  

No one person can replace Courtney. So, each player will have to take on more responsibility. Those who do, will make the starting lineup. I have faith that Jose can put together a most effective team with the talent he will have here in short order.