• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Tabbed Second In America Preseason Poll;

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

We had been in the running for a girl from Italy but she decided to play pro ball.  CJF thought she would have made us a Final Four team this year.  But he still is great at identifying and securing talent.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

We had been in the running for a girl from Italy but she decided to play pro ball.  CJF thought she would have made us a Final Four team this year.  But he still is great at identifying and securing talent.  

Personally I think we are already a final four team potentially, especially if we win out except for uconn, and beat Louisville and Baylor.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Great for this season, but it's next I'm concerned about. You have to have a slasher to get the open 3's. If we don't have another Courtney in the wings, next season will be pretty much back to the middle of the pack IMO.

I think we would take a step back without Williams and Jenkins, but the American isn't very strong in basketball except for us and uconn so I think we will still be 2nd in our conference and be a tournament team.

Personally I think we are already a final four team potentially, especially if we win out except for uconn, and beat Louisville and Baylor.

Agree that we are potentially.  CJF is getting a lot of good natured ribbing about being a Final Four team from other coaches at USF.  I told him to make the tournament first and go from there. 

I think we would take a step back without Williams and Jenkins, but the American isn't very strong in basketball except for us and uconn so I think we will still be 2nd in our conference and be a tournament team.

Definitely hard to replace them.  Both should be picks in the WNBA draft with Courtney possibly being a top 10 pick.

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

I can't wait to ask Jose if he voted us #1 in the AAC coaches poll. I bet he did, and I love it!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I can't wait to ask Jose if he voted us #1 in the AAC coaches poll. I bet he did, and I love it!

He wouldn't be allowed to.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

He wouldn't be allowed to.

I'm pretty sure we would be allowed to. This is just the AAC unofficial Coach's poll. If you couldn't vote for your own school, then we know that Geno voted us #1, since no other option is possible. 

I still think Jose did it. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I believe I read somewhere that you couldn't vote your own school #1, so it's likely Gino did it.