• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How good is this team?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Amazing as it sounds, the AAC is probably better than the Big East when we were a member.

Three AAC teams (Memphis, Houston and Temple) are ranked in BOTH major polls and Navy could be ranked if they beat both Tulane and USF in the coming weeks.

There are probably 6 teams better than USF in the AAC, until proven otherwise. I'd put Navy, ECU and Cincy in front of us, at the moment.

For USF to be considered in the top half of the AAC, we'd need to beat at least one of those teams and also beat SMU and UCF. That would get us to a bowl game and I'd be thrilled with the progress made this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Amazing as it sounds, the AAC is probably better than the Big East when we were a member.

Three AAC teams (Memphis, Houston and Temple) are ranked in BOTH major polls and Navy could be ranked if they beat both Tulane and USF in the coming weeks.

There are probably 6 teams better than USF in the AAC, until proven otherwise. I'd put Navy, ECU and Cincy in front of us, at the moment.

For USF to be considered in the top half of the AAC, we'd need to beat at least one of those teams and also beat SMU and UCF. That would get us to a bowl game and I'd be thrilled with the progress made this year.

That is an excellent point Mama. I don't recall the BE having THREE ranked teams at the same time while we were a member.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

We're a below average FCS team? Did you mean FBS? Out of 128 FBS teams I would say we're in the 70-80 range which is still below average but defintely FBS.

:facepalm:

I think we are a kick ass FCS.  As long as we aren't playing McNeese state.

:blink: hahahaha.... yes I meant FBS...it's doesn't happen to often so enjoy :D 

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

That is an excellent point Mama. I don't recall the BE having THREE ranked teams at the same time while we were a member.

Are you serious?  Because if you are, you either didn't follow BE football or you are misremembering.  Just in case... the BCS, AP, and Coaches polls have all of the rankings from week to week for each season and you can actually see... and then remember correctly.  Now if you're saying at the end of the season... then you  would still be wrong. :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I think we are a kick ass FCS.  As long as we aren't playing McNeese state.

:lmao:

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

If we keep trending upward (improving every game) we can beat anyone left on the schedule. If this is as good as it gets then five will probably be the limit. I hope it is somewhere in between with seven wins.

Its all riding on Qs arm and accuracy. If he can tighten that up then watch out. We're probably hitting on less than half of our open mid to deep range passes right now and leaving a lot of points on the field. The reads have been pretty good for the most part, but the execution needs some work 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Are you serious?  Because if you are, you either didn't follow BE football or you are misremembering.  Just in case... the BCS, AP, and Coaches polls have all of the rankings from week to week for each season and you can actually see... and then remember correctly.  Now if you're saying at the end of the season... then you  would still be wrong. :icon_drink:

I seriously don't recall three ranked teams in BE while we were in it but I guess I could be wrong. Maybe the year Cincy won the Orange Bowl. I do know towards the end of time there the BE only had two decent teams. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Happened in 2006. Week 4 WVU UL and RU. Also in 2007 when we entered the rankings.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I think we've bumped up to average with the last couple of gritty performances. Let's hope we can stay there and get to 6-6. It'll be a tough road from here.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Happened in 2006. Week 4 WVU UL and RU. Also in 2007 when we entered the rankings.

The year we shot up to #2... how could anyone forget that?