• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

is there a reason CWT wont pass?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Was also from Odom's twitter, but there were three posts on that topic - the full series was "Taggart on why receivers aren't getting the ball more: "We're not this team that drops back and throws it to receivers 80 times a game. Taggart said the team is focused on establishing the run and utilizing its running backs. Says executing is also an issue regarding the WRs. Taggart reaffirms his confidence in Quinton Flowers. "He's getting comfortable with what we're doing.""

Didn't see that. Thanks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

Was also from Odom's twitter, but there were three posts on that topic - the full series was "Taggart on why receivers aren't getting the ball more: "We're not this team that drops back and throws it to receivers 80 times a game. Taggart said the team is focused on establishing the run and utilizing its running backs. Says executing is also an issue regarding the WRs. Taggart reaffirms his confidence in Quinton Flowers. "He's getting comfortable with what we're doing.""

Losing?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

So basically CWT expects to get fired this season...I don't think anyone expects to throw it 80 times a game. We do expect to have say 10-15 completions beyond the line of scrimmage especially against teams that have poor pass D's. Its called taking advantage of matchups. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

I have not seen much running ability from him. When QF does he goes outta bounds or slides yds short of the first down. I have thought to myself a couple times, why does he do that? Is he afraid of getting hurt....being out of the game and losing his job if another qb comes in? It was supposed to be neck and neck so CWT shouldnt be telling him to slide as we have a comparable qb as #2. He should be telling him to do whatever it takes to get the W. I was glad to see QF react the way he did when he missed Adams on the deepball. It showed #1- he wanted it #2 he does have some competitive juices.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

You are probably right. CWT was a QB in college. I'd imagine he'd like to see some passing in there...

Trivia question:

When Willie and the Hilltoppers beat USF in their Inaugural season 31-3, how many passes did WKU QB Taggart attempt?

Answer: 7

How many completions?

Answer: 2

TDs/INTs

Answer: 1/1

• Upvote 1

Willie T college QB stats:

willietstats.thumb.JPG.8bbba29b92c0a2b90

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Willie T college QB stats:

willietstats.thumb.JPG.8bbba29b92c0a2b90

what were his rushing stats?

Willie T's college rushing stats:

willietstats2.thumb.JPG.9d06bb4750354ba7

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

His 97 season is solid for an Option QB

I know that has nothing to with this team. Just saying.

(got to hit 500 posts somehow)

Edited by ssgCraigO