• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does Mark Harlan have the balls to fire RIGHT NOW?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If you have not seen the game yet it is hard to understand Flowers stat line. It is not a true indication of what you would expect of a QB. 3 of the completions were the little touch passes. Completed to "the open" receiver at least 2 inches away.

The majority of the passing attempts didn't even happen until the last 2 drives when the DBs were playing 10 yards off to avoid a quick strike TD and Flowers was dumping off passes either behind the LOS or 2 to 3 yards downfield. 

Flowers did have 3 very nice completions. The pass downfield to Price was really his best pass ever. He threw a nice curl to Adams and the the TD to Dillon.  

My issue with having  Flowers as the QB is that I don't see a great running QB there. Maybe he is a better scrambler, but he is far from dynamic. Maybe he is better at taking high snaps or better at handing off than Bench, but certainly not a better passer. 

I am not knocking Flowers ability, what I am saying is for the 20 or so yards he brings to the running game his lack of passing ability limits the offense. Not even in actual passing productivity, but more in threat of what they can do. As we get  deeper into games and we show no passing threat at all the defense drops 8 and even 9 in the box and take away all of our running game. This is why we do well early and die in the 2nd half. 2-13 on 3rd down conversions. That is a key stat. 

I would like to see what this offense can do with a more balanced attack from the start. Either with Bench or give Flowers a bigger play book so the running backs have space to run. We are not beating anyone running straight ahead for 4 quarters. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

So... I am finally on the side that Taggart needs to go... that play calling last night -- as it has been since he came here -- was worse than Tecmo Bowl.

However, we lost by one score (while covering the spread) against the best team in the conference while holding them to less than half of their normal point total... that bought Taggart another week or two right the ship.

welcome aboard

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Has the balls but no money

not the old money excuse again

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree with Smazza here ^  .   How many more loses can we afford?  Each loss cost us more fans (tickets sales, donations, Jerseys, memorabilia, MONEY)   Doing nothing is costing us TOO much, we Cant AFFORD  to do nothing.   Time to rip the band aid off and stop the hemorrhage.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Agree with Smazza here ^  .   How many more loses can we afford?  Each loss cost us more fans (tickets sales, donations, Jerseys, memorabilia, MONEY)   Doing nothing is costing us TOO much, we Cant AFFORD  to do nothing.   Time to rip the band aid off and stop the hemorrhage.

I am checking in to see if he has been fired yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

CWT hand picked QF to be his QB, he is doing what he thinks is giving QF the best opportunity to win. He sees QF throw everyday in practice and basically knows he will be picked so he calls almost all his plays to be behind the line of scrimmage. It's on CWT but not for the reason most are blaming him for...

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet but I'm sure "he calls almost all his plays to be behind the line of scrimmage" is a bit of an exaggeration, like all those "nice throws" SB made in the MD game. Play calling tonight was the biggest culprit .... that and the refs.

Lay off Bench.  He didn't know he was going into the game and he didn't have time to warm up.  Then the coach that calls all running plays for 1 QB wants him to light it up and calls passing plays for a cold QB.  Just like last night's game wasn't on QF, Bench gets a pass on that MD game.  It is BS that he was told by Tags he was playing in that game.  Tags memory was off by a game. It was the FSU game. 

That's just not true. He warmed on the sideline at some point in that 3rd quarter because I saw him doing it and was wondering about it ...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Throwing a football on the sideline for a cpl of minutes is not Warming up  to play in a real game.   He needs reps with the first team, chance to get in a groove with the players around him,  a chance to get up to Game speed ect....    He has been set up to fail , like the rest of the team ( due to Tags and his play calling and IN GAME management)

Throwing a football on the sideline for a cpl of minutes is not Warming up  to play in a real game.   He needs reps with the first team, chance to get in a groove with the players around him,  a chance to get up to Game speed ect....    He has been set up to fail , like the rest of the team ( due to Tags and his play calling and IN GAME management)

How else does a qb warm up before going into a game?? So you're of the camp that CWT deliberately doesn't prepare SB, have him warm up and then throws him into a game because he's setting him up to fail .... even if that means the team fails ............. I got no response for that.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

How else does a qb warm up before going into a game?? So you're of the camp that CWT deliberately doesn't prepare SB, have him warm up and then throws him into a game because he's setting him up to fail .... even if that means the team fails ............. I got no response for that.

you just responded :D

you just responded :D

I hate when I do that ...