• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i didnt see that upbeat offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

when you can complete the basic throws it doesnt matter what type of offense you will have

it will fail

The offense sucks. QB has a terrible throwing motion. He was able to get away with it in high school because of his ability to run. The running backs suck. We have no deep threat. Defense has improved and overall their is improvement. From a competitive standpoint of winning the conference, we aren't their yet. I would rank this team on a scale of 1-10, a 4.

Um the running backs don't suck lol

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I think Dline was fine I thought cooks runs that he broke for big yards were runs he took outside.

Look at the second half again, they got gashed. The other problem, as you alluded to, was the back 5 not being able to tackle. It was a pretty pathetic display from that group.

Back 5 throws a mean shoulder though!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

What I saw yesterday was very much improved.

We moved the chains against a very talented defense. Probably the most talent we see all year.

The team overall looked more athletic. I like what they have done with the strength and conditioning. Even my kids noticed.

The defense (particularly the d line) looked more dominant than I've ever seen them. They were getting pressure with just 3 and 4 man rushes.

Our special teams improves every year. I think people forget how bad they were.

This team will win some games. Let's see how they hold up as the season goes on but I like the progress.

Defense was great in first half. They gave up huge chunks at a time from the first drive on in the 2nd half. I do agree they are improved.

I can't agree when you say "we moved the chains". We were 1 for 13 on 3rd down conversions.

To be fair, it is just too early to

make a judgement about this team until we play teams at our own level.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This looks like the same ultra-conservative offense just run a little quicker

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

CWT needs to step aside... be a CEO of the team or go back to being an assistant to a leader

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14

I think Dline was fine I thought cooks runs that he broke for big yards were runs he took outside.

Look at the second half again, they got gashed. The other problem, as you alluded to, was the back 5 not being able to tackle. It was a pretty pathetic display from that group.

against the best running back in the country. He will do that to just about everyone. 

People are acting like we got beat by a DII school like that. Calm down it was 24-14 well into to the game against a top 5 team if you ask me. FSU is better then they were last year. The Seminole defense is solid again, last year we might have actually had a chance to win playing the way we did. This team will be just fine. We can pass the ball down the field, the receivers just need to catch it. Two big drops late in the game that would've kept the drives moving.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I don't think it matters who plays QB cwt won't throw the ball. I don't think he trusts Bench to make the right decisions, and knows that Flowers can only make select throws. Flowers will get better he just needs time, practice, and to watch film.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

against the best running back in the country. He will do that to just about everyone. 

People are acting like we got beat by a DII school like that. Calm down it was 24-14 well into to the game against a top 5 team if you ask me. FSU is better then they were last year. The Seminole defense is solid again, last year we might have actually had a chance to win playing the way we did. This team will be just fine. We can pass the ball down the field, the receivers just need to catch it. Two big drops late in the game that would've kept the drives moving.

FSU is in no way a top 5 team.

Dalvin Cook is a great running back- he was however running behind a brand new o- line.  I heard this repeatedly when I watched the replay.

As far as QB- I watched the game  again and looked at all of the passes, I saw only 1 drop- I have been watching football for 50 years and have not seen many games- college or pro where receivers don't drop catchable balls-

As the commentators said yesterday and many of us on here have said, we have a RB playing QB.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

I think they need to give Ticee more carries. He always gets at least 5-9 yards everytime he carries. Mack is good but run both and have defenses worried about both backs

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

FSU is in no way a top 5 team.

Dalvin Cook is a great running back- he was however running behind a brand new o- line.  I heard this repeatedly when I watched the replay.

As far as QB- I watched the game  again and looked at all of the passes, I saw only 1 drop- I have been watching football for 50 years and have not seen many games- college or pro where receivers don't drop catchable balls-

As the commentators said yesterday and many of us on here have said, we have a RB playing QB.

Why are we piling on with a kid who never had a chance to redshirt and develop, but is standing toe to toe with a senior? Bench makes questionable reads and is less mobile. Just let Flowers ride it out. The kid is going through trial by fire and I think we will be fine. We played the best and worst teams on the schedule, and Maryland may be one of the worst as well. I don't think we will be able to glean much from that game. Memphis and Cuse will be bellwether games.