• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THE BOTTOM IS LONG BEHIND US.....WERE ON OUR WAY UP!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Coach t is soft. Lied to bench.

Is Bench a relative or your best friend.  There seems to be an inordinate amount of butt-hurt coming from you on this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700
  • Days Won:  7

Coach t is soft. Lied to bench.

Should've played Bench in the 2nd half at some point. Doesn't mean he "lied". He made an in-game decision to stick with the qb he deemed his season #1 starter. QF bought himself more time with that 2nd half TD.

Edited by USFBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978

With offensive improvements throughout the season, Woulard coming in next season as another option, Flowers getting a year of starting experience, Tom Allen as DC and continuing to recruit top guys...it would be a crime to replace Taggart after this season unless we play anemic the rest of the season or we don't win another game...it just feels like we are on the cusp of everything we have been waiting years for..I can't imagine starting over when it feels like we are right there, maybe a season away from establishing ourselves with greatness.

I agree that things look hopeful for the bulls. It seems we are just good QB play away from being a good team.

I hate that I have a nagging feeling that I would have liked to have seen how Bench would have fared that second half. Recieved had some critical drops as well...which we cannot afford.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

These threads all existed after Wisconsin last year. This offense needs a lot of work before we can start "expecting" results

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700

With offensive improvements throughout the season, Woulard coming in next season as another option, Flowers getting a year of starting experience, Tom Allen as DC and continuing to recruit top guys...it would be a crime to replace Taggart after this season unless we play anemic the rest of the season or we don't win another game...it just feels like we are on the cusp of everything we have been waiting years for..I can't imagine starting over when it feels like we are right there, maybe a season away from establishing ourselves with greatness.

I agree that things look hopeful for the bulls. It seems we are just good QB play away from being a good team.

I hate that I have a nagging feeling that I would have liked to have seen how Bench would have fared that second half. Receivers had some critical drops as well...which we cannot afford.

I know. I feel like it would have benefited the offense to switch it up. Bench can throw a lot better than QF and it might have lead to a look that we weren't able to try under QF. We never tested the pass defense of FSU. We kind of just assumed that the run was the way to go no matter what. Good coaches adjust their defenses when they are getting beat at something. Did Taggart think Jimbo wouldn't adjust in the 2nd half? That's when we need to throw something new into the mix.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978

These threads all existed after Wisconsin last year. This offense needs a lot of work before we can start "expecting" results

Not sure if I was up on our D last year or the depth of our athletes throughout the team last year...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Some people are ok with waiting forever for the results. I am not. It is year 3, is it not?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Let's see, we handily beat a team we were supposed to and lost to a team we were supposed to, but looked much better than most though we would.  I'd say we are seeing some results.  We still have a lot of issues in our passing game.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Some people are ok with waiting forever for the results. I am not. It is year 3, is it not?

I believe that we can honestly say the offense looks better than last year. I believe this offense is night and afternoon better than last year's lol

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I believe that we can honestly say the offense looks better than last year. I believe this offense is night and afternoon better than last year's lol

Agreed.

Offense isn't great but it is a noticeable improvement.