• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Power rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

This is my personal eye test of who has the best team, having watched 75% of these games.

1. Cincinnati 1-0 - the clear #1 coming into the season did nothing to make me change my opinion.

2. Memphis 1-0 - Didnt see this game, but Lynch is a straight up boss.

3. Temple 1-0 Hopefully QB P.J. Walker didnt get too banged up on his touchdown run, but RB Jahad Thomas and LB Tyler Matakevich provide this team plenty of star power to compete in the AAC no matter what.

4. Navy 1-0 Chris Swain made Colgate college look like a high school team. Navy seemed to take it easy on them.

5. Houston 1-0 Nothing special after week one. Greg Ward is a freakish athlete, but does he possess the intangibles required to be an effective passer and runner?

6. USF 1-0 For now, USF has all star team depth at RB, a beastly D, and adaquete QB play. Hopefully that is still the case after the next few weeks.

7. UCF 0-1 You cant fault Justin Holman or the defense lead by former USF coordinator Chuck Bresnahan. The blame lies squarely on the ineffective running game. If the Knights cant establish things on the ground soon, expect a further tumble on this list.

8. East Carolina 1-0 They looked bad against a solid FCS team, on top of losing everything outside of LB Bigger from last season. Even RB Chris Hairstom ,(who had a nice stat sheet) didnt look that explosive.

9. Tulsa 1-0 QB Dane Evans deep throws look like he is playing a game of 500 in the backyard, but somehow land right in the hands of his recievers. Keevan Lucas is a monster on the outside, and if they find a defense, this team can be solid. Thats a big IF.

10. UConn 1-0 UConn loves to play a run down a team's throat style. The thing is, they suck at it, and end drives on 3 and outs a lot. Their transfer QB is a slight improvement over Tim Boyle, and SS Andrew Adams leads a decent secondary.

11. SMU 0-1 Sophomore QB Matt Davis has serious talent, and they have good athletes, but their play on both sides of the line will be their doom.

12. Tulane 0-1 I know teams have their good and bad weeks, but Tulane got smacked around. QB Tanner Lee wasn't as effective as I thought he would be, and thier running game was non existant, something i've heard a few Tulane fans boast about.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

Have to agree with 1 to 3. Totally unsure how likely it is that we jump Navy and Houston. But a finish at number 6 and ahead of UCF is progress and I would then fully expect to WIN THE CONFERENCE in 2016.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Hard for me to understand why Temple is not #1.  Also, I don't understand why UCF is ahead of teams that won and they should be behind SMU. 

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 1

Agreed. If we go 6-6 with a bowl win, ill be thrilled

Hard for me to understand why Temple is not #1. Also, I don't understand why UCF is ahead of teams that won and they should be behind SMU.

I fully believe Cincinnati and Memphis would convincingly beat Penn st as well. Temple has a ton of potential, and there is a clear fall off after the top 3

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

SMU might be better than Tulsa UConn Tulane UCF

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This is my personal eye test of who has the best team, having watched 75% of these games.

1. Cincinnati 1-0 - the clear #1 coming into the season did nothing to make me change my opinion.

2. Memphis 1-0 - Didnt see this game, but Lynch is a straight up boss.

3. Temple 1-0 Hopefully QB P.J. Walker didnt get too banged up on his touchdown run, but RB Jahad Thomas and LB Tyler Matakevich provide this team plenty of star power to compete in the AAC no matter what.

4. Navy 1-0 Chris Swain made Colgate college look like a high school team. Navy seemed to take it easy on them.

5. Houston 1-0 Nothing special after week one. Greg Ward is a freakish athlete, but does he possess the intangibles required to be an effective passer and runner?

6. USF 1-0 For now, USF has all star team depth at RB, a beastly D, and adaquete QB play. Hopefully that is still the case after the next few weeks.

7. UCF 0-1 You cant fault Justin Holman or the defense lead by former USF coordinator Chuck Bresnahan. The blame lies squarely on the ineffective running game. If the Knights cant establish things on the ground soon, expect a further tumble on this list.

8. East Carolina 1-0 They looked bad against a solid FCS team, on top of losing everything outside of LB Bigger from last season. Even RB Chris Hairstom ,(who had a nice stat sheet) didnt look that explosive.

9. Tulsa 1-0 QB Dane Evans deep throws look like he is playing a game of 500 in the backyard, but somehow land right in the hands of his recievers. Keevan Lucas is a monster on the outside, and if they find a defense, this team can be solid. Thats a big IF.

10. UConn 1-0 UConn loves to play a run down a team's throat style. The thing is, they suck at it, and end drives on 3 and outs a lot. Their transfer QB is a slight improvement over Tim Boyle, and SS Andrew Adams leads a decent secondary.

11. SMU 0-1 Sophomore QB Matt Davis has serious talent, and they have good athletes, but their play on both sides of the line will be their doom.

12. Tulane 0-1 I know teams have their good and bad weeks, but Tulane got smacked around. QB Tanner Lee wasn't as effective as I thought he would be, and thier running game was non existant, something i've heard a few Tulane fans boast about.

Just to highlight which ones we play.  If this holds true (I'm sure it won't), we'd be 4-4 in conference.  I expect us to be at least 2-2 out of conference (hopefully 3-1).  That gives us 6 or 7 regular season wins.  I'm good with that for this season.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

i would jump SMU up to 8...they are WAY better than 2014's team.

Too early to get excited about ranking, but there are clearly some REALLY bad teams in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Hard for me to understand why Temple is not #1. Also, I don't understand why UCF is ahead of teams that won and they should be behind SMU.

I fully believe Cincinnati and Memphis would convincingly beat Penn st as well. Temple has a ton of potential, and there is a clear fall off after the top 3

I thought you said with QF at the helm we would win 10 games???

• Upvote 1