• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the USF Defense Back?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Looked good tonight, but it was FAMU. Also missing 2 starting LB that were suspended for game.

Yes, it was FAMU, but the style of play was much more exciting.

The style of play is always much more exciting when you're opponent can't contain a base pass rush.

I think the defense is solid, but putting any stock behind last nights game outside of "it's nice to win like that again" is impossible.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Looked good tonight, but it was FAMU. Also missing 2 starting LB that were suspended for game.

The style of play is always much more exciting when you're opponent can't contain a base pass rush.

I think the defense is solid, but putting any stock behind last nights game outside of "it's nice to win like that again" is impossible.

with how bad the defense was in last years opener i think we could all tell that they are improved this year. maybe it was just the aggressive coaching but after last year giving up 400+ yards to a 1-aa team it was refreshing to see them attack the backfield.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

with how bad the defense was in last years opener i think we could all tell that they are improved this year. maybe it was just the aggressive coaching but after last year giving up 400+ yards to a 1-aa team it was refreshing to see them attack the backfield.

Understanding that, McNeese State and WC has much better offenses. FAMU's offense has averaged less than 17 points a game the last 3 years.

We won't know if they're improved until next week, and maybe more realistically Maryland.

Great win, fun to watch, no major injuries. It was very refreshing. That's all you can take away.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Yes.  I'm tired of the "Bend don break" mess.

This defense smelled blood in the water and went after it.  Liking the Bull Sharks.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I really love the attacking style this defense. They win more games because of it.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

Are Harris and Whitehurst going to be back for FSU or Maryland?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Are Harris and Whitehurst going to be back for FSU or Maryland?

Both are suspended through FSU unfortunately. That could very well cost us the game.