• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voodoo Fact

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Brad uses language that hurts. :(

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

Words aren't bad, people are bad.

Brad is a hurtful person who uses language. :(

I think it's equally important to note that CJL signed 23 players in his last year here and not a single one of them is currently on the two deep. 

None of them are even on the team... CJL was fired before the 2010 signing day making that class the last group he recruited and the first that Holtz signed.

2010 - Redshirt

2011 - RFr

2012 - RSoph

2013 - RJr

2014 - RSr .... graduated.

The only way a player could still be in the team would be if they have a 6th year of eligibility because of a medical redshirt... and I am very sure we don't have any of those currently.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

Jim ... Jim ... Jim ... smh

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

Jim ... Jim ... Jim ... smh

??  So I apparently missed something ??

I think it's equally important to note that CJL signed 23 players in his last year here and not a single one of them is currently on the two deep.

What a ****** coach he was, apparently ...

He was ok as a coach, just a terrible recruiter.

What was his last recruiting class year? 2010? So it's been at least 5 years? How many left after his firing? How many signed when he was still the coach?

One thing you're failing to mention is how great of a player developer he was. Had he had the opportunity to develop his players you'd see plenty of them if any were still here it's been a long time...

Terrible recruiter? He got enough players to get our program in the top 25 rankings after having a D1 footbal program for less than a decade. I'm not saying he was fantastic, but terrible? Doesn't seem fair.

:facepalm:

Please accept my deepest apologies for letting you down triple. YOU DA MAN!

A serious suggestion, if you run across something that's as incredibly stupid as that post was, check the avatar. If you see this, photo-thumb-9022.gif?_r=1359145816, just keep moving ..... A similar suggestion would be for a pic of a guy with a duck on his head. They are both smart asses of the highest level ..... and I think both would endorse that assessment.

Eventually the law of averages would come to that same conclusion. Its been three years.

Assuming 12/13 defenders every year... and 22 players on the two deep... since we have five recruiting classes on the team at any given point... there could be as many as 60/65 defenders available...

The law of averages would show 4 or 5 players per class on the two deep... if you factor only the last four classes (48/52 players) it would still be 5 or 6... players per class.

In this case, 9/22 is 41% ...

--------------------------------------------------

One thing about the talent we have: there are 47 players on the fall camp depth chart (offense/defense)... Only 10 of them were signed by Skip Holtz... 6 on offense and 4 on defense... and 0 are true freshmen... that means  37 of the players on the depth chart (79%) arrived at USF in 2013 or 2014.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

None of them are even on the team... CJL was fired before the 2010 signing day making that class the last group he recruited and the first that Holtz signed.

2010 - Redshirt

2011 - RFr

2012 - RSoph

2013 - RJr

The only way a player could still be in the team would be if they have a 6th year of eligibility because of a medical redshirt... and I am very sure we don't have any of those currently.

That is a big tuna snagged right there.

2010 - Redshirt

2011 - RFr

2012 - RSoph

2013 - RJr

That is a big tuna snagged right there.

Guy Harvey is painting a mural for this one.