• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU 2016 spring game at Citrus Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

15-20 minutes to the citrus bowl from ucf, and that was me driving there in 2002 before the 408 was rebuilt/widened/sunpass lanes...it's like 16 miles, and it's not like saturday is rush hour on the 408 (which conveniently drops off in research park south of the campus if you're on campus).

ucf probably doesn't care, but don't act like it's not in your back yard. usf would **** well not enjoy gainesville state (or fsu) having their spring jort fest here in tampa.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, that works out fine if you live right under the 408 overpass. I won't judge. You have too many unrealistic factors to get you to the Citrus Bowl in "15-20 minutes". Let's not pretend shall we.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35

Exactly JTrue. That's if you are right under the onramp. Who lives under an onramp? A troll?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Exactly JTrue. That's if you are right under the onramp. Who lives under an onramp? A troll?

Do you even know how to read a Google map?  The directions clearly state from UCF to the Citrus Bowl.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Do you even know how to read a Google map?  The directions clearly state from UCF to the Citrus Bowl.

You have to remember... he has a UCF education.

His reading comprehension skills are quite limited.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Exactly JTrue. That's if you are right under the onramp. Who lives under an onramp? A troll?

Do you even know how to read a Google map? The directions clearly state from UCF to the Citrus Bowl.

You have to remember... he has a UCF education.

His reading comprehension skills are quite limited.

Or he thinks living on campus is like living under an on ramp.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

It probably takes 15-20 minutes to get to the Citrus Bowl once you are on the 408..That traffic by the school on Alafaya thru waterford lakes could take 20 minutes by itself on a busy day.  My mom lives in Carillon, that's the only bearing I have on the matter though, so maybe I'm missing something. 

What exactly is the argument here regarding the game? That UCF would not be happy with FSU playing at the Citrus Bowl? I don't think it really registers, I think there are a lot of dual citizen-fans in that area for UCF/FSU, though according to my family UCF and OCSC (off topic) are trending. 

The reason I am posting, and forgive the outsiders view-but I was hoping to understand the USF/UCF-education dynamic? When I was looking at Dental schools (what brought me to USF and ultimately this forum via my football fandom) I looked at school rankings and while USF's grad programs are certainly more established UCF's grad facilities are no joke...even though they ultimately did not get the dental school setup they have a nice thing going there.  As far as the colleges go, USF is ranked 161 and UCF 173...not really a big difference.  Both are good.  ECU isn't even ranked, and its a really fun place! Go Pirates, Argh!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

As far as the colleges go, USF is ranked 161 and UCF 173...not really a big difference.  

Good post, and welcome to the board!  The part from your post I isolated is really all that is needed to know moving forward.  UCF can suck a nut.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

It probably takes 15-20 minutes to get to the Citrus Bowl once you are on the 408..That traffic by the school on Alafaya thru waterford lakes could take 20 minutes by itself on a busy day.  My mom lives in Carillon, that's the only bearing I have on the matter though, so maybe I'm missing something. 

You can get directly on the 408 by going south from the Libra dorms by the water tower and taking less than a mile of backroads through Research Park, anyone who leaves campus and doesn't go that way deserves the nightmare that is Waterford Lakes...haven't lived there in a dozen years and that still makes me want to road rage.

Welcome aboard though! So you are in the USF dental program?

Edited by Danm1983