• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Richard Benjamin, WR/DB, Tampa Bay Tech **2013*

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

USF offers the sophomore.

Tampa Middleton sophomore WR/DB Richard Benjamin receives first offer: USF

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

The Miami scandal could have major repercussions on current recruiting. Middleton junior wide receiver Richard Benjamin, one of the most sought-after players in Hillsborough County, said the report will play a role in his college decision.

"They were actually my number one (choice), but now they are probably lower,'' he said. "It all depends upon what happens (as far as sanctions).

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/breaking-news/2011/aug/16/23/local-stars-implicated-in-miami-allegations-ar-251057/

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

and so it begins...

• 1 month later...

Benjamin has us in his top five. That's great considering his offer list(everybody and their dog). He's making an OV for UTEP

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Richard-Benjamin-117406

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/middleton-wr-richard-benjamin-has-top-five-visits-planned-usf-uf/10849/

Thought about something after I posted. Next year is really looking positive, even now. The skill positions with McQuay, Hargreaves and Benjamin are Top Ten recruiting targets and all have sincere USF interest. I like what we are doing. Skip is a low key recruiter but the kids that fall in love with us stay in love with us. I think it is because they have come to realize what a tightly knit program we are. Even kids who want to leave the Bay(can't blame a young man for wanting to go out on his own) are giving this program a great deal of respect. Chickillo last year and Agholor this year are great examples.Recruiting is gonna be great if conference politics can keep their mitts off us.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Benjamin, who holds more than 30 Division I-A offers, said Thursday his top five schools, in no certain order, are USF, Florida, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame and Florida State.

from the article bill listed.

• 5 months later...

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

http://bigcountypreps.com/180/richard-benjamin-enjoys-visit-to-the-swamp/#.T0eUonnYHso

mainly talked about his florida visit, but said we're in his top five (if I read it correctly)

also said were the only school that has talked to him about playing off. or def.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I didn't think we were going after local recruits ... ?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I read recently that UF plans on only signing 16 players in this class. They already have 10 verbals. One of them is listed as a WR. So, I'm not sure how high a priority he really is to them, with apparently so few remaining scholarships to give out.

http://florida.247sports.com/Recruit/Commits