• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How did USF change your life?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

Did not go to school at USF.

Moved to Florida from Connecticut when I was in High School, early 80's. Became a UF football fan.

When 1995 came and heard of USF starting football, was excited to start on the ground floor of a football program.

I have met some great friends through tailgating at USF Football games.

USF Football gets my heart rate up . . . or maybe that's the Sun Dolls :) 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

So, wow. I was a complete mess before I came to USF. Anger issues, relationship issues, self loathing issues, depression, etc. During my undergrad and first graduate degree, i spent several years in group therapy w/ the USF mental health program. Slowly, I got my head on straight and I met the woman who I would eventually cajole into become my wife. I had nothing before USF so everything I have, the person I am, the family I have couldnt have existed without the stability, knowledge and assistance that USF provided. I was a basketball fan back in the day b4 there was football, god the sundome used to rock-n-roll. It was such great therapy being able to scream your guts out and the head to the Greenery (anyone remember that place?) and drink a couple of pitchers, play darts and stumble the 50 yards to the sliding glass door of my apartment complex. I loved it, every day, every class, every night. Thursday night college night at Tia's Tex-Mex. What a dump. Any rate when football came along i was still working on my first graduate degree so it just became part of my life. At some point my wife and I stopped spending our money on Rays/Lightning season tixs and now have Football/Basketball/Baseball season tixs.We, well more I then her, she went to Indiana, love, love, love and appreciate USF. GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

On 5/6/2017 at 1:28 PM, Triple B said:

Has put a serious crimp in my discretionary spending for several decades ...

Has given me a path to prosperity and a tremendously rewarding career in aeronautics that I only would have dreamed about in high school.

Although it's taken a chunk of my discretionary income over the years, my USF degree has opened far more financial doors than it's closed.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

USF has been my home now since 2008. Decided to come here over other state universities as most of my friends from HS were also coming (and USF was the only school with the program I wanted at the time). Made closer bonds with my friends/roommates on campus and off campus and made a heckuva lot of friends and colleagues along the way. Without the relationships I built whilst in college I wouldn't have the job I have or work for the University either. Athletically we had some ups and downs while I was here but nothing was more fun than being ranked in football and having the whole dorm village be dubbed leavittown with everyone marking on their windows our record, rank and who we played next. It was legit a college environment. It's also amazing to see how much the University has grown in ten years are going from student to staff. Bullpride runs real deep and I'm glad we are getting the respect we've worked so hard for. 

VIVAS LOS TOROS!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

51 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

VIVAS LOS TOROS!

Sweet, someone else slinging some Spanish. Vamos Toros (go bulls)!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I was so much older than those I attended USF with, that I did not socialize with them. I had a full time job and a full time family. Being involved with the Bulls Club, Bulls Backers, and Bulls Rally has actually been more beneficial to me than attending the school. I've made contacts, personal and business, and created friendships that I will have for the rest of my life. 

Bulls are really great people. :)