• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Spring Game Set for April 15

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I swear I saw something not sure if it was a quote in an article or a tweet or something but I swore I saw they were offsetting penalties on the play in question. Those two have been going at each other all spring as our top CB and top WR. Without seeing the play in question I'd bet frustrations overflowed for both Quez and Nichols as they tend to do in Spring/Summer practices at all levels. You can only hit your teammates so much before you need to take it out on someone in a different color jersey. 

Edit:

Found the tweet I was referencing 

Happened right in front of us and he did some extra curricular shoving after the whistle was blown. Luckily no one got hurt, but it was definitely unnecessary. Granted those two are gamers and probably have been in gear one and one battles all camp. Granted you dont know what MVS could've said to antagonize that action. That's always the factor that sometimes gets forgotten.

Edited by Ionbull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I was referring to the currently popular, yet disrespectful and inciting, act of stepping over - even temporarily standing over, your opponent as he lie on the ground or court.  Clerveaux objected to it and got the penalty.  It's not what a leader on the team would do.  Maybe Nichols is not a leader, but he is a senior.  Tasteless and not healthy.   Hence the coach ran out to get between them.   Inciting.  

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Seen Nichols play for 3 years and I've not seen him get 1 personal foul penalty in a game.  Seen him get a few Pi's... but nothing else.  I would never say he's disrespectful after hearing him speak for a couple of years and hearing nothing but good things about him.  It was 1 play in a spring game and it likely looked worst than it was.  They've been hitting each other the entire spring and maybe there was a little emotion there.  Something we have been missing here for a while.  Nichols has been nothing but a leader since he stepped on the field.  I don't know what was said, nobody does, Clerveaux was the one penalized so then there is that.  I don't think saying someone is some way over 1 play is a good way of evaluating a players character.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

8 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Seen Nichols play for 3 years and I've not seen him get 1 personal foul penalty in a game.  Seen him get a few Pi's... but nothing else.  I would never say he's disrespectful after hearing him speak for a couple of years and hearing nothing but good things about him.  It was 1 play in a spring game and it likely looked worst than it was.  They've been hitting each other the entire spring and maybe there was a little emotion there.  Something we have been missing here for a while.  Nichols has been nothing but a leader since he stepped on the field.  I don't know what was said, nobody does, Clerveaux was the one penalized so then there is that.  I don't think saying someone is some way over 1 play is a good way of evaluating a players character.

+1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

14 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Unless you're talking about this guy;

https://youtu.be/TaIQ_lRFDRo

This has Bad Character written all over it.

• Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

Unless you're talking about this guy;

https://youtu.be/TaIQ_lRFDRo

This has Bad Character written all over it.

lol... yeah... I forgot about that.  That's just not right on so many levels.  :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

I don't think saying someone is some way over 1 play is a good way of evaluating a players character.

Not sure it's character or judgment. But it's easy to excuse away.  All I said was I would run him as punishment.  If you don't think a head coach has to address that type of behavior then we'll disagree.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Way too much hand wringing over what is essentially two brothers taunting each other/talking trash.  There was nothing dirty or egregious about this, much less anything that tarnishes anyone's character.  Maybe we can talk about players just handing the ball to the refs and acting like they've been there before instead of all that fancy gyrating.  Also, that forward pass is witchcraft I tells ya!!!!!  

Edited by Bull Dozer

When a coach has to run out there to de-escalate or avoid a fight, it should be addressed.  Turning a blind eye is not the way to lead.  Culture of a program is important.  Perfectly fine to disagree. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

People hitting other people, obviously emotions are going to flare. But I agree with Brad, the stepping on/over and needless taunting stuff takes away from the game IMO. The guys that are most confident are the ones that smile & walk back to the huddle. Next play.