• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

lol, did you just compare a 12 million dollar basketball arena from almost 40 years ago to a 100 million dollar OCS in 2017?

OK then...

No, I'm telling you we can't get sponsorship for an arena that would cost a tenth or so of the naming rights to a football stadium.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

31 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You should also look at using only one space after punctuation when typing. It's the hip new thing. Hot like Hansel, some might say.

Image result for it's that damn hansel gif

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

57 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Also, it was late last night, so I didn't catch this, but I do not believe in putting a comma before the conjunction "and" in a sentence.  I believe that is grammatically correct. 

You did get me on the other one.

I always thought the comma before "and" was optional.  Sometimes I use the comma and sometimes I do not.  I believe both ways are grammatically correct.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

30 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Sundome is actually a very nice venue and it actually does host a fair number of events to bring in revenue. Gets the concerts that won't fill Amalie arena and are too big for Morsani Hall at the Straz Center. It has enough traffic that you would expect a sponsorship for the number of eyeballs that get in there yearly. However it is looked upon as just the USF basketball venue and isn't getting the sponsorship.

We USF/Tampa people might just know a bit about the situation.

When I was at USF, the Sundome was the host of some big gigs...like Wrestle Mania.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

44 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

You mean, that NBA Arena on Beale St?  No thanks, I prefer the true college basketball experience of an OCA.

I'd love to drop the Sun Dome on-campus...but there's not room for it.

I really liked my visit to the Sun Dome:

unnamed 1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Edited by UofMemphis

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Don't think trip is a bourbon guy.  I might have one now and then.  :icon_drink: Okay, so I don't drink it that fast.

Right now it's basically Mich Ultra ... watching carbs is a ***** at times. 

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

There are very few in this conversation who have said that they don't want an ocs .... brace yourself, fixing to get hostile .... You seem incredibly dense. It's been repeated many times that it's not about want but about need, along with financial wherewithal, right now  ... 

3 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

you don't need a 66,000 seat NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ship that costs over 1.2 million a year to rent.

it is all about your wants...as in USF just doesn't want to bite the bullet and build a true college stadium...they want to keep on being UAB.

I mean, sure there are 30,000 empty seats...but we have CUP HOLDERS!!!! [/rollseyes]

see you boys Sat at FedExForum.

If I wasn't on phone this is where I would insert the Ted Baxter face palm. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

you don't need a 66,000 seat NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ship that costs over 1.2 million a year to rent.

it is all about your wants...as in USF just doesn't want to bite the bullet and build a true college stadium...they want to keep on being UAB.

I mean, sure there are 30,000 empty seats...but we have CUP HOLDERS!!!! [/rollseyes]

see you boys Sat at FedExForum.

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If I wasn't on phone this is where I would insert the Ted Baxter face palm. 

I don't think Ted Baxter, or any other facepalm meme, really, would accurately reflect the fail in his post.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

On 1/11/2017 at 10:23 AM, UofMemphis said:

ah, more hostility. you would be incorrect as I was simply pointing out your are now stable in the AAC as opposed to bouncing around from Indy to CUSA to the BE to the AAC.

the fact you buy season tickets or give money doesn't make you the sole arbiter of opinions when it comes to USF athletics, nor does it alter my opinion that USF would be better served by an on-campus stadium built on land USF already owns.

Can't believe nobody else picked up on this yet. Virtually NO ONE on this board believes USF is "stable" in the AAC.

Some of us believe the AAC is better than the B12 >>> IF <<< the AAC came with B12 level of funding, but it doesn't - and won't. Ever. We refuse to accept the AAC is our final destination.

On 1/11/2017 at 1:23 PM, UofMemphis said:

ah, more hostility. you would be incorrect as I was simply pointing out your are now stable in the AAC as opposed to bouncing around from Indy to CUSA to the BE to the AAC.

the fact you buy season tickets or give money doesn't make you the sole arbiter of opinions when it comes to USF athletics, nor does it alter my opinion that USF would be better served by an on-campus stadium built on land USF already owns.

35 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Can't believe nobody else picked up on this yet. Virtually NO ONE on this board believes USF is "stable" in the AAC.

I'm more disappointed no one pointed out the horrible grammar ...