• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For Those Without ESPN 3 or WatchESPN Access

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I have the latest version of Flash installed on my PC. No matter what I do the audio ends up getting behind by a few seconds. I don't have this issue on my Macbook air. Not sure what the issue is. 

Sounds like a memory issue. How old is this PC? RAM? Why don't you just do the offer and get a free Roku Stick? I know it runs fine on those. I have it on two older Rokus. 

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I'm doing something slightly different. I've got the basic slingTV account, but only so I can have access to WatchESPN. I'm using USTVNow as my main provider. The subscription I have allows 3 rokus to use the same account and it has unlimited DVR capabilities. It also gives me access to the main broadcast networks, ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC.

I use an OTA for locals. Plus there are apps and Hulu Plus for recent run TV shows. And isn't USTVNow only for those living outside the US? From their homepage

TV for U.S. Military Service Members and Americans Abroad. Watch and record U.S. TV shows & movies over the Internet with no commitments, cancel online anytime

From their FAQ.

USTVNow is intended as a free service exclusively for Americans living overseas. We do not delete anything from the original broadcast, cable or satellite TV feeds streamed to users, including commercials. USTVNow also offers a paid service with additional channels and DVR capability. The service in the continental U.S.A. is available as a TV anywhere service in combination with a regular cable subscription from USTVNow cable partners.

I'm using the paid service.

Edited by swamprat

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

I have the latest version of Flash installed on my PC. No matter what I do the audio ends up getting behind by a few seconds. I don't have this issue on my Macbook air. Not sure what the issue is. 

Sounds like a memory issue. How old is this PC? RAM? Why don't you just do the offer and get a free Roku Stick? I know it runs fine on those. I have it on two older Rokus. 

I built it last year 8 Gb Ram, i5, GTX770.   Sling works great everywhere but my PC. I did the offer for the free Kindle Fire stick for signing up for three months. Works great on my tv. 

• Upvote 1

I'm doing something slightly different. I've got the basic slingTV account, but only so I can have access to WatchESPN. I'm using USTVNow as my main provider. The subscription I have allows 3 rokus to use the same account and it has unlimited DVR capabilities. It also gives me access to the main broadcast networks, ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC.

I use an OTA for locals. Plus there are apps and Hulu Plus for recent run TV shows. And isn't USTVNow only for those living outside the US? From their homepage:

TV for U.S. Military Service Members and Americans Abroad. Watch and record U.S. TV shows & movies over the Internet with no commitments, cancel online anytime

From their FAQ.USTVNow is intended as a free service exclusively for Americans living overseas. We do not delete anything from the original broadcast, cable or satellite TV feeds streamed to users, including commercials. USTVNow also offers a paid service with additional channels and DVR capability. The service in the continental U.S.A. is available as a TV anywhere service in combination with a regular cable subscription from USTVNow cable partners.I'm using the paid service.
i remember this when I tried to register, I guess it changed.

I am an American citizen (by birth or naturalization) and hold a United States passport or ‘Green Card’ for permanent residence. I understand that USTVNow’s Internet content is available, at this time, only to US citizens and residents while they are in foreign countries. I promise and warrant that my use of USTVNow is and will be consistent with this limitation.

Anyway, I'm getting a channel master DVR for OTA, Sling allows you to go back and view the last couple days content on some channels. It has a 2 week channel guide that updates for free and they are adding streaming channels to it, the first being YouTube and Pandora. http://www.channelmaster.com/Antenna_DVR_s/336.htm

Edited by slick1ru2

I built it last year 8 Gb Ram, i5, GTX770.   Sling works great everywhere but my PC. I did the offer for the free Kindle Fire stick for signing up for three months. Works great on my tv.

I have problems watching HBO Now on the latest version of Firefox, the screen flickers black. None with Chrome. It could be a display driver issue, contact their technical support. But I do like having an iPad because it's one set of hardware and none of the issues you see with Windows computers and drivers/hardware not being truly up to specs.