• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB USF vs Tulane- Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Gotta hand it to them, they hit FT and 3s when it mattered. On to UConn

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Bulls didn't give up tonight, that's a good sign.

Now we gotta go play UConn at their house. Hoping both the MBB and WBB teams can upset the Huskies this week!

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Three more seeds clinched.

9-UCF

10-Houston

11-USF

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

That terrible stretch with Guerrero on the bench in the 1st did us in.

3 point shooting differential was the difference. They made 7 we made 3. 12 point differential right there.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Morrillo and Holston have certainly earned playing time for next year. We might lose Mercurius too if Antigua thinks he can pull in another guy. It will be an interesting next couple months going into and after the tourney

Cash money is a great free throw shooter and plays good on ball defense. His field goal shooting is suspect.

He is young there might be a place for him in the future

Oh I agree he has upside, but he plays sparingly it seems. I just think if Antigua thinks he can reel in a steal of a transfer he may be an odd man out

I could see that, but very likely Clayton is first off the team.  Cousins only stays if he is the ONLY back up for Guerrero.

Losses don't hurt as much when all is lost AND you see some bright spots.  Holston has been very good.  BoZig disappeared after his best game yet.

What I love is that, down 11, scoring only 20 in the first half, without 2 of your best players, it would have been easy for an 9 win team to quit and get to the locker room ASAP.  Coach O and the team came out fighting, and **** near won this game.

Will be interesting to see how we play v UConn.  It's likely an ugly loss, but that's why they play the games.

Cousins is going nowhere. COA is like a father to him, and he will keep hiim next year and make sure he graduates

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Morrillo and Holston have certainly earned playing time for next year. We might lose Mercurius too if Antigua thinks he can pull in another guy. It will be an interesting next couple months going into and after the tourney

Cash money is a great free throw shooter and plays good on ball defense. His field goal shooting is suspect.

He is young there might be a place for him in the future

Oh I agree he has upside, but he plays sparingly it seems. I just think if Antigua thinks he can reel in a steal of a transfer he may be an odd man out

I could see that, but very likely Clayton is first off the team. Cousins only stays if he is the ONLY back up for Guerrero.

Losses don't hurt as much when all is lost AND you see some bright spots. Holston has been very good. BoZig disappeared after his best game yet.

What I love is that, down 11, scoring only 20 in the first half, without 2 of your best players, it would have been easy for an 9 win team to quit and get to the locker room ASAP. Coach O and the team came out fighting, and **** near won this game.

Will be interesting to see how we play v UConn. It's likely an ugly loss, but that's why they play the games.

I agree, seeing the fight in these kids even in a loss makes it sting a lot less. I'd love to at least pull off a first round upset at least but I won't hold my breath. It is not however out of the realm of possibility.

And all indications are that COA is quite dedicated to Cousins which is admirable. Just won't help us. I mean with Tulio and Santos coming, if Perry returns, and keeping Guerrero gives us a potential decent set of scrappy "big men"

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think Cousins gives us good minutes, he'll stick around for his senior year and walk out of USF with his diploma. Dre Clayton will probably transfer. Since Collins will graduate this year, I think he may opt to play his last year of eligibility at another school that offers a masters degree that we don't. Regarding Mercurius, I'm just not sure whether he sticks around or transfers.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I know some people tend to be harder on AC than others, fact remains that w/o him on the roster we don't have a pure point guard... That scares me a little. Peters is more of a scoring guard than a combo but he could run the point full time...it just wouldn't be the optimal situation

I know some people tend to be harder on AC than others, fact remains that w/o him on the roster we don't have a pure point guard... That scares me a little. Peters is more of a scoring guard than a combo but he could run the point full time...it just wouldn't be the optimal situation

I LOVE Collins. I just wish he would play as fast as UConn's #4 did last night. He's got the jets when he wants them, he just doesn't turn them on enough.