• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Luis Montero will NOT be at USF EVER (Edited title)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Hopefully its the other guy Vega mentioned on the thread I started on today's commitment. Not sure about the 5th year guy..wonder who it could be and what spot.

Good work Mama! Gonna be a whole new squad next year basically.

The hope is that USF can land Outlaw who is considered the slightly better player between him and Smith. Either way Outlaw would fills a need at the SF spot where he would have to be the favorite to start, while Morillo can come off the bench as a 6th man type that provides offense among the reserves.

The other hope is that big man Johncarlos Reyes will come on board to. He's a Dominican and both Antigua's are recruiting him personally. Reyes suppose to be among the best available Bigs out there to sign at this point and would be a nice addition to the roster imo.

Also with head coaches being fired now, their committed players might be looking elsewhere to play. Just might be something to keep an eye on if the opportunity presents itself.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

So who will likely be gone after this season? We know Corey Allen for sure, but what about the others?

Cousins? Clayton? Collins? Dinero? Perry?

Also what about walk ons Bodway and David?

BTW, while looking at the roster I noticed a new player Tre' Bryant is added to the roster as a walk on, wasn't sure if that was already announced news. It says:

Was added to the roster on March 10, 2015 as a walk-on… Served as a practice player on the women’s basketball team this season.

So far:

Jeff Goodman â€@GoodmanESPN 24m24 minutes ago

Anthony Collins and Dre Clayton are transferring out of South Florida.

19 retweets 6 favorites

Reply Retweet19 Favorite6

not good

Nope. COA might be on the Hot Seat going into his 3rd season because next season certainly isn't looking near as promising w/o Montero. The 2015 class is average at best now without an offensive skill player among the group unless 6ft SG McMurray is much better then expected on the D1 level. It's going to be very interesting what kind of spring class this now desperate staff can put together. Need guys that can put points on the board. We have hustle guys and rebounders in Sanchez and Da Silva we need offensive skilled guys badly for next season.

I know that J McMurray started the season scoring a lot of points. Later on he sustained some kind of an injury, and was not playing. I'm not sure of his current playing status.

There was this tweet back in January:

Alex Wiebel â€@AlexWiebel Jan 14

McDonald's All-American Game nominees: Highland Park/Sunrise Christian -Jahmal McMurray

Being a nominee for the McDonald's All American game doesn't mean all that much considering over 800 HS players were nominated. Congrats to McMurray for being 1 of the 800+.

Like I have been saying I really hope the little dude can ball as a freshman because as of right now he's the only player that Coach O has coming in that is considered an offensive player. The roster was so bad is just presented nothing to build on for the future.

Peters is coming in and he's considered an offensive player, isn't he?

An Asst USF MBB Coach told me that Peters is clearly the best player on the team and that he can score.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I've seen great tape and read great things about Peters, but he will be on the court an abundance with AC leaving

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

True he now gets AC plus some of Coreys minutes. Hope he can play all day.

I've seen great tape and read great things about Peters, but he will be on the court an abundance with AC leaving

Perhaps, that is the reason he decided on leaving. I'm just guessing on that.

Fair enough, I just hope we can manage to find a servicable backup I suppose.

Fair enough, I just hope we can manage to find a servicable backup I suppose.

That same coach had great things to say about incoming PG J McMurray, who is a very confident player/scorer.

Copy.

I mean...if the intent for McMurray is to have him come off the bench and run point primarily, mixed with some play at the 2, then I can understand that.

I guess things will look a little clearer moving forward.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Hopefully its the other guy Vega mentioned on the thread I started on today's commitment. Not sure about the 5th year guy..wonder who it could be and what spot.

Good work Mama! Gonna be a whole new squad next year basically.

The hope is that USF can land Outlaw who is considered the slightly better player between him and Smith. Either way Outlaw would fills a need at the SF spot where he would have to be the favorite to start, while Morillo can come off the bench as a 6th man type that provides offense among the reserves.

The other hope is that big man Johncarlos Reyes will come on board to. He's a Dominican and both Antigua's are recruiting him personally. Reyes suppose to be among the best available Bigs out there to sign at this point and would be a nice addition to the roster imo.

Also with head coaches being fired now, their committed players might be looking elsewhere to play. Just might be something to keep an eye on if the opportunity presents itself.

Do you think Smith is going to be the starter at the 2? Ziegler, Holston, and Morillo all off the bench is some nice depth.

Also what about down low? Are Perry and Guerrero expected to be starters or do we have some new guys coming in that could change that?