• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe we can take a chance on this kid?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Flowers had highlights from under center. I'm in the camp that believes something has to be wrong with him.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So he goes to a JuCo and proves he's legit. There are worse things in the world than getting your AA paid for while playing football and then transferring to a university to complete your degree. If he can play, someone will find him.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Stopped reading when it said he stopped opening the letters.

He THINKS he knows what's in them, but proof comes with reading. Maybe even ONE of those envelopes had a committable offer, but he'll never know until he opens the envelope

Major fail

:facepalm:

I'm guessing commitable offers don't come in snail mail. Assume they come in phone calls and in house visits .... don't blame him a bit for not bothering any longer.

#4 - open your **** mail

NEVER give up

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

He THINKS he knows what's in them, but proof comes with reading. Maybe even ONE of those envelopes had a committable offer, but he'll never know until he opens the envelope

Major fail

I'm guessing commitable offers don't come in snail mail. Assume they come in phone calls and in house visits .... don't blame him a bit for not bothering any longer.

#4 - open your **** mail

NEVER give up

:facepalm:  ..... He's not giving up. Sounds like he and his dad are doing all they can under the circumstances. He's just stopped wasting his time opening junk mail. You're not getting a commitable offer in the freaking mail a week before NSD.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Major fail

#4 - open your **** mail

NEVER give up

:facepalm:  ..... He's not giving up. Sounds like he and his dad are doing all they can under the circumstances. He's just stopped wasting his time opening junk mail. You're not getting a commitable offer in the freaking mail a week before NSD.

He stopped opening them up long before this week.

You never know if one of those letters was a "Hey were still interested, are you?" type.... or at least from a smaller school.

You don't ignore ANY possibility.

20 years ago, you weren't getting offers in the mail, either. 0% chance he's getting one in the mail in today's age of communication with no other indication from a coach either on the phone or in person.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

20 years ago, you weren't getting offers in the mail, either. 0% chance he's getting one in the mail in today's age of communication with no other indication from a coach either on the phone or in person.

I obviously don't know the inner workings of the recruiting process.

But I already assumed that to be true for bigger, or at least all D1 FBS schools

Which is why I mentioned smaller schools

Could there be a letter in there saying.. "Hi, we are Western Carolina University" or "Hi, we're interested in you, have you heard of Northwestern Oklahoma University" ..?

The article mentions ZERO offers

Maybe there's an FCS or D2 letter in there asking if he's interested and willing to give them a shot.

I obviously don't know the inner workings of the recruiting process.

But I already assumed that to be true for bigger, or at least all D1 FBS schools

Which is why I mentioned smaller schools

Could there be a letter in there saying.. "Hi, we are Western Carolina University" or "Hi, we're interested in you, have you heard of Northwestern Oklahoma University" ..?

The article mentions ZERO offers

Maybe there's an FCS or D2 letter in there asking if he's interested and willing to give them a shot.

All I can say is, when I was in high school, I did not get a single offer I didn't know was coming by hearing it from the coach either on the phone or in person. That was true for any D1, D2, or JuCo that offered me and that was in the 1990s. Obviously, I don't know for sure what may or may not be going on today with him, but it seems like bad business to be a small, already at a disadvantage, school, to think firing off cold calls to players through snail mail is going to get it done.

Edited by JTrue