• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1 PM Game time tomorrow

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

SE Louisiana is 3-9, and is our last "gimmie" game this year, it seems.  Could be the last time we're at .500 for the year, so hopefully it's a nice win.

We're currently at the bottom of the AAC, as the only team with a losing record.  But, that matters less & less with each conference game.

Hoping to see us put it together.  Still predicting 9 wins, but hoping for more.

Well if they can't beat SEL then we might be looking at a 0 conference win team. These guys will probably have mailed it in for the season if they can't beat this SE Louisiana.

If that's the case we made a terrible hire.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

SE Louisiana is 3-9, and is our last "gimmie" game this year, it seems.  Could be the last time we're at .500 for the year, so hopefully it's a nice win.

We're currently at the bottom of the AAC, as the only team with a losing record.  But, that matters less & less with each conference game.

Hoping to see us put it together.  Still predicting 9 wins, but hoping for more.

Well if they can't beat SEL then we might be looking at a 0 conference win team. These guys will probably have mailed it in for the season if they can't beat this SE Louisiana.

Can't judge the hire based on this year.  Remember, 3 kids had D I experience.  If after 4 years we still look like this then, sure, fire him.  But I think by then we'll be happy with the product on the floor.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Going after the unemployed demographic.

Huge number of people take this week off .... Will see how many are Bulls hoops fans?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405

Looks like 5 people there.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405

Ok, now looks more like 50.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471

Can't judge the hire based on this year.  Remember, 3 kids had D I experience.  If after 4 years we still look like this then, sure, fire him.  But I think by then we'll be happy with the product on the floor.

I was more referring to the kids packing it in after 10 games, if a coach allows that then he is not made for being a head coach, I doubt that's what is happening.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

I was more referring to the kids packing it in after 10 games, if a coach allows that then he is not made for being a head coach, I doubt that's what is happening.

You get the feeling when listening to Rouca at the pregame talks that if these guys don't continue to make the effort they won't be around long.  He names names in response to questions or just talking about the teams performance.  Someone asked about Cousins' playing time and he said he wasn't earning it.  I asked about the lack of a fast break and, after agreeing, mentioned that it is hard to break AC of his habit of controlling the ball.  Said AC will push it and then pull it back out himself. They are trying to get him to pass the ball off the break.  Real, honest answers to questions about our team.  Very refreshing.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Great info as usual Cousin.  Could not agree more about Cousins.  I like Ruben and think he will develop nicely but our bigs are soft right now.  

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

You get the feeling when listening to Rouca at the pregame talks that if these guys don't continue to make the effort they won't be around long.  He names names in response to questions or just talking about the teams performance.  Someone asked about Cousins' playing time and he said he wasn't earning it.  I asked about the lack of a fast break and, after agreeing, mentioned that it is hard to break AC of his habit of controlling the ball.  Said AC will push it and then pull it back out himself. They are trying to get him to pass the ball off the break.  Real, honest answers to questions about our team.  Very refreshing.

if AC stays then he's looking at a backup role next season behind Peters. If he leaves then true freshmen Jahmal McMurry is the backup. Hopefully Collins gets much better because this team needs all the easy opportunities they can get. Cousins is just lazy and pretty sorry as a basketball player. He'll hang on strictly because he'll be a senior next season. Looks like Guerrero(who will be bigger and stronger next season) will have a good career at USF. I do kind of wish USF would add another center this spring to help with some size for the future.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I do kind of wish USF would add another center this spring to help with some size for the future.

Center - Luis Santos

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/169294/luis-santos

Edited by CPR