• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Groping for Bright Spots: Football newcomers in 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Is there a top Juco QB out there?  I looked at 24/7 and none look that impressive.

Anyone?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Reilly Gibbons, originally headed to Stanford, is the OL I forgot. Does anyone know if he can play in 2015? We seem to have some high potential OL coming up, so maybe there's hope. Taggart better hope the OL plays much better...and that we somehow upgrade the QB position.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Is there a top Juco QB out there?  I looked at 24/7 and none look that impressive.

Anyone?

Nobody identified yet, maybe we get "Clint Tricket" lucky on a transfer... We will start hearing names of transfers soon. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Maybe Braxton Miller would transfer here ;)

"You hate to see a kid leave his school," said Bleacher Report NFL draft lead analyst Matt Miller. "But for his career, I think the best thing would be going to somewhere that’s going to run a little bit more of a pro-style offense and where he would get on the field right away."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2255756-how-braxton-miller-could-be-college-footballs-hottest-recruit-of-2015

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Maybe Braxton Miller would transfer here ;)

"You hate to see a kid leave his school," said Bleacher Report NFL draft lead analyst Matt Miller. "But for his career, I think the best thing would be going to somewhere that’s going to run a little bit more of a pro-style offense and where he would get on the field right away."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2255756-how-braxton-miller-could-be-college-footballs-hottest-recruit-of-2015

That would be awesome, but I can't imagine someone looking to transfer to a pro style offense for the purposes of getting drafted would even consider us given how bad our offense has been the last 2 years. Gotta be especially hard to leave his team that has won double digit games the last 2 years. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I expect CWT to do the same thing he did last year...try to get any semi-good transfer QB over here ASAP. 

Just hope we land a Clint Trickett this time around and not another Steven Bench. 

We have a lot of talent that redshirted this year, and I hope to see them on the field next year making an impact. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34

Reilly Gibbons, originally headed to Stanford, is the OL I forgot. Does anyone know if he can play in 2015? We seem to have some high potential OL coming up, so maybe there's hope. Taggart better hope the OL plays much better...and that we somehow upgrade the QB position.

He is eligible to play next year!

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

The o line is going to be very very young. Were talking potentially four freshmen and thor. Lord knows how this will turn out.

Im very excited for bayes, mccants, and v jax. I think one thing that taggart can use to keep him here is the talent he is bringing in. Also saw he got a commitment out of juco for wr.

Other than qb, taggart has addressed needs pretty well. Now just gotta coach em up

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

The o line is going to be very very young. Were talking potentially four freshmen and thor. Lord knows how this will turn out.

Im very excited for bayes, mccants, and v jax. I think one thing that taggart can use to keep him here is the talent he is bringing in. Also saw he got a commitment out of juco for wr.

Other than qb, taggart has addressed needs pretty well. Now just gotta coach em up

If from what I've seen in practice translates to the field for our young OL guys, they will be just fine. But hey CWT keeps saying that about the QB's so who knows.

PS: Michael Smith is NASTY out there, I am excited to see him play next year.