• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Soccer vs Tulsa tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

@USFOracleSports: A fight broke out after @USFMSoccer lost to Tulsa 4-3 involving Lucas Baldin and the Tulsa goalkeeper. More coming in tomorrow's recap

The Tulsa goalie thought it was a good idea to approach the Goalmouth section after the game and ran his mouth.... Lucas saw this from the sideline and rushed after the goalie to give him a piece of his mind.  USF team stormed over to the confrontation and the next thing I see is the Tulsa goalkeeper running out of the crowd like a little girl.  Their goalie was a punk, delaying kicks towards the end of the match well beyond ten seconds.  Their coach was also classless, turning to the home stands to shout out that his players never miss penalty kicks and yadda yadda....  Apparently the guy can't handle away games

You're suppsed to do stuff like this if you're on the road and winning a conference game. It's annoying, but it happens in soccer at the world class level. I was there, the ref wasn't the greatest, but he wasn't bad either. They just played a little better.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The coach told me to F off about 5 minutes into the game. Sad part is that they are a good team always in position.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

@USFOracleSports: A fight broke out after @USFMSoccer lost to Tulsa 4-3 involving Lucas Baldin and the Tulsa goalkeeper. More coming in tomorrow's recap

The Tulsa goalie thought it was a good idea to approach the Goalmouth section after the game and ran his mouth.... Lucas saw this from the sideline and rushed after the goalie to give him a piece of his mind.  USF team stormed over to the confrontation and the next thing I see is the Tulsa goalkeeper running out of the crowd like a little girl.  Their goalie was a punk, delaying kicks towards the end of the match well beyond ten seconds.  Their coach was also classless, turning to the home stands to shout out that his players never miss penalty kicks and yadda yadda....  Apparently the guy can't handle away games

You're suppsed to do stuff like this if you're on the road and winning a conference game. It's annoying, but it happens in soccer at the world class level. I was there, the ref wasn't the greatest, but he wasn't bad either. They just played a little better.

There are keep-away methods and other strategies that work well without breaking actual rules (no matter how arbitrarily they are enforced). I got burnt on a time violation one time, and not because I was trying to, and anytime after that, I would dump it off or launch it and the other team would have to earn it and beat me, no matter if it was minute 5, 5 min left, or stoppage/overtime.

Keeping the ball away and playing the corner post game is worthy, want the ball? Come get it. Delaying kicks and throw ins are punk ass moves, and i hate it no matter the level. it's frustrating to watch in world cups and high level of play.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Rules are rules, and delay of game is delay of game.

Soccer needs to have an official timekeeper and stop having the time kept on the field.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

First match we've been to in 3 years.  Showed up after the 1st 2 sets of volleyball.  A very entertaining last 18 minutes.  We left after we fell behind by 2 goals but stopped at the exit as we scored again.  Watched the last few minutes from there.  Had a couple of decent chances to tie.  I'll never be a huge soccer fan but need to make at least one match a year.  Have to admit that the Goal Mouths are not as good as what I remember from 3 years ago.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

The coach told me to F off about 5 minutes into the game. Sad part is that they are a good team always in position.

Why does this not shock me. :) 

did a bunch of posts just get deleted from this thread? Appeared to happen while I was clicking from page to page 2, which no longer exists...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

did a bunch of posts just get deleted from this thread? Appeared to happen while I was clicking from page to page 2, which no longer exists...

Yes char. I expressed an opinion and got blasted for it. Was called names by several and responded . Those posts were deleted.

No big deal. Enjoy Homecoming weekend.

Go Bulls!

Have at it

LOL

Some folks is techy, aint they?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Why does this not shock me. :)

I did not cuss nor did I say anything personal. :)