• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Biggest Problem Is OL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

O line looks bad because every team we play just stuffs the box and blitzes and our QBs can't make passes or handle pressure.

If we had a passing threat from our QB I think you would see the O-line looking better since defense couldn't stuff the box and blitz every single down.

I haven't seen anything from any of 3 QBs to say they will be a passing threat this year.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

O line looks bad because every team we play just stuffs the box and blitzes and our QBs can't make passes or handle pressure.

If we had a passing threat from our QB I think you would see the O-line looking better since defense couldn't stuff the box and blitz every single down.

I haven't seen anything from any of 3 QBs to say they will be a passing threat this year.

And this is why we see them pressured every down. Other team defense doesn't need to worry about coverage.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Our O-line is without a doubt our biggest problem. I'm not entirely sure any quarterback, no matter how talented, would provide us with anything other than sub-par play behind this line. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't our O-line some of the most experienced players we have out there now?

Experience means nothing if you have no talent.

I'll take talent and no experience over experience and no talent all day long

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

He could make this line serviceable if he changed schemes. These kids are not equipped to do what he wants and it's painful to watch.

It's not fair to them. Put the ego aside Willie and do what's best for the team and the program. If not, you'll be a RB coach at G5 school in 2 years.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Very true.  D Williams is beyond soft.  I think at times the OL plays well, but White doesn't find & release quickly enough.  I was screaming for a jet sweep or drag route to Adams, to give him a chance.  We have to develop quick hitter plays, as the set up time with most plays is death.