• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Overconfident?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Another article from Terp Nation:

http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/9/6/6112647/maryland-football-south-florida-predictions

Call me crazy but I think the QB situation is going to look much better today. While it's rational to try and stop the run today for Maryland, I think they will sell out and the Bulls will be able to capitalize with some TE packages for quick throws and large YACs. Also looking forward to seeing Tice mixed in. While I think Mack deserves the start, from what I saw from Tice, he is also a special power runner. The offense will be much more complicated today so expect to see Tice in more often for pass protection and some routes.

Also I expect to see the D to look much better. The 3-4 is a very versitle package that requires a strong nose takcle and lots of looks from LB play. I think if you watch the WCU game, you will see Coach B was lining them up mostly at home, making them react to the ball, which is not how the 3-4 is typically run. As he stated i think he wanted to see what his D could do. I expect to see many more good looks from the D, tight coverages, CB and LB blitzs, and the bubble screen shutdown :)

Go Bulls.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

crazy!

But I agree. Your only talking about the adjustments that have to be made to have a chance.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

My take from last week:  USF was noticeably faster last week with FOUR TRUE freshman playing at times and NINE BULLS getting their first minutes.  Our running back was the second best back I saw all weeek besides Gurley at UGA.

We are going to rapidly get better.  At some point we are going to mess some overrated team up and kill it with speed. . .  it is going to happen.  I am not sure week two is the time for us to jump on some overrated unit and beat its a$$, but I definitely think Maryland is an overrated team based on the posts from this board.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

My take from last week:  USF was noticeably faster last week with FOUR TRUE freshman playing at times and NINE BULLS getting their first minutes.  Our running back was the second best back I saw all weeek besides Gurley at UGA.

We are going to rapidly get better.  At some point we are going to mess some overrated team up and kill it with speed. . .  it is going to happen.  I am not sure week two is the time for us to jump on some overrated unit and beat its a$$, but I definitely think Maryland is an overrated team based on the posts from this board.

I honestly don't get the Maryland love. I understand that we aren't exactly world beaters but people act like Maryland is a top tier team. they aren't. I wouldn't be surprised if we hang with them. unfortunately that means everyone on here will start to think we must be top tier if we can hang with the almighty Maryland.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I honestly don't get the Maryland love. I understand that we aren't exactly world beaters but people act like Maryland is a top tier team. they aren't. I wouldn't be surprised if we hang with them. unfortunately that means everyone on here will start to think we must be top tier if we can hang with the almighty Maryland.

You must not have heard. . . . . . Maryland smoked James madison last week by like 33.  And half the posters on this board browned their shorts.

Ha, so true. I think your asking for a rational non-alarmist reaction Carolina_Bull, which is atypical for any type of media nowadays ;) 

While I wasn't thrilled with USF throughout most of the game vs WCU, I do believe they turned it up and back down in the third. Maryland will no doubt have better athletes than WCU, but WCU executed there game plan better than many FBS schools I have seen this year (anyone watch the Pitt vs BC last night?)

There are many positives to take away from last game and the team definitely look much faster. Receivers were open, return of the Mack, and defense was flying. We will be able to tell how much of an improvement as we play better competition.

Go Bulls!!

crazy!

But I agree. Your only talking about the adjustments that have to be made to have a chance.

Back at ya!!  :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Maryland isn't a great team, but if we don't get production out of the quarterback they will kill us. If usf can sustain drives, and not just get home runs with mack, we will win. Need to keep the offense on the field.

I suspect Mike White will have a much better game. He has shown he can setup up for big games in the past. If he doesn't react well in the first half though, I think Coach T should give Bench a shot. My hunch is you will see White look much more like the 3rd qtr QB of last game which is what we should all expect from him at this stage. Managing the game, making good throws, moving the chains, and taking care of the rock. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Time to show and do something, Bulls. It's gameday!