• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to play Syracuse 2015 and 2016

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

Corey Bender â€@Corey_Bender 17m

Per @McMurphyESPN, #USF & #Syracuse have scheduled a home/home series. They'll play in Tampa in 2015 & Syracuse in 2016.

Sorry to double post, but how in the hell is Syracuse a big name opponent? Seriously Harland needs to do some research before uttering phrases like Big Name and Syracuse in the same sentence. 

Back in our glory days we owned them, and over all we still do.

Given this major let down I can only imagine what the other 2 "Big Name" schools will be... Rutgers? and Louisville?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334

Offical USF Release:

TAMPA, SEPT. 2, 2014 â€“ The University of South Florida football program will continue its trend of strong non-conference scheduling as USF Director of Athletics Mark Harlan announced a home-and-home series with Syracuse University beginning next season.

The Bulls' renewed series with the Orange, a BIG EAST Conference foe from 2005-12, will mark the fourth ACC team scheduled to visit Raymond James Stadium since 2013 when they visit Tampa on Oct. 10, 2015. The Bulls will return the trip the following season when USF visits the Carrier Dome on Sept. 17, 2016.

“We are very excited to renew a home-and-home series with a program with the tradition and history of Syracuse,†Harlan said. “We are committed to playing a very competitive non-conference schedule against some of the top programs in the country and it is exciting to be able to bring these programs to Tampa and continue our tradition of facing top level opponents in front of our Bulls fans in Raymond James Stadium.â€

USF will face one ACC team this season in Raymond James when N.C. State visits on Sept. 13. The Bulls also play home-and-home series with Florida State (2015 & 2016) on future schedules and hosted Miami (Fla.) last season. USF is also playing eight games vs. Big Ten opponents over six seasons (2013-18), including two this year when Maryland visits (Sept. 6) and the Bulls travel to Wisconsin (Sept. 27). The Bulls now have 13 games scheduled vs. “Big Five†opponents between 2013-18, including upcoming home-and-home series vs. Illinois (2017 & 2018), Maryland (2014 & 2015) and Wisconsin (2014 & 2017).

The 2014 game will mark the ninth meeting between USF and Syracuse, which were both members of the BIG EAST from 2005-2012, but the first with Syracuse as a member of the AAC. The Bulls posted a 6-2 mark vs. Syracuse in the eight previous meetings as members of the BIG EAST. USF won the first five meetings between the programs, however the Orange claimed two of the last three, including a thrilling 37-36 victory in Raymond James in the last meeting in 2012.

The Bulls currently have a 6-6 record vs. ACC opponents.

USF posted a 36-31 victory over Western Carolina in the season opener last Saturday behind a USF and American Athletic Conference record 275 yards rushing from freshman Marlon Mack (Sarasota). Mack also tied a USF record with four rushing touchdowns and set a USF mark with 280 all-purpose yards.

The Bulls face Big Ten foe Maryland this Saturday in a 3:30 p.m. kickoff at Raymond James Stadium. That game will be televised live on CBS Sports Network and can be heard live on the USF/IMG Radio Network (98.7 FM/1010 AM in Tampa). Radio coverage of all USF sporting events will be streamed free on GoUSFBulls.com this season.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Thread title should be 2015-2016.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59

Given our current level of play I can only imagine they are talking about the following schools...

1 - East Bay High

2 - Bloomingdale

3 - Plant

I usually don't play the, "You only have 'x' number of posts" card, but ****, do you have anything good to say in your 55 posts?

If there was something positive I would be the first to talk about it. Like for example we have a good running back, hopefully he gets better and becomes a great running back. 

I'm a realist, we come off as being downers, but are really just telling the truth. Most don't like to hear the truth... it ruins their delusions.

half+full_empty.jpg

Edited by Bane

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

better than wcu or mceess state

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309

The game at Syracuse in 2016 (9/17) should be a great time for Bulls fans to visit.  BTW, Nonstop flights on Allegiant out of St. Pete/Clearwater to Syracuse (or Tampa to Rochester).  Also, non-stops from Orlando to Cuse.  If Any of you are sportsmen...30 mins north is the best area in the East for Salmon Fishing.  Also, the leaves will be nearing peak in the Adirondacks.

I will open my tailgate up to any Bulls Fan that will travel up. We had 130 fans last Friday for the Nova Tailgate. 

Those making fun of our 2 OT win versus Nova should remember that Nova is in the Top 10 of FCS and we had 2 starting OL out and our QB got ejected.  Still we played like crap and should have won by 14-17 pts.  Our next game @CMU will tell more. Syracuse has post season bowl wins the last four seasons over Kansas St, WVU and Minnesota...we don't suck anymore like we did under Greg Robinson.

Edited by TexanMark

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

The game at Syracuse in 2016 (9/17) should be a great time for Bulls fans to visit.  BTW, Nonstop flights on Allegiant out of St. Pete/Clearwater to Syracuse (or Tampa to Rochester).  Also, non-stops from Orlando to Cuse.  If Any of you are sportsmen...30 mins north is the best area in the East for Salmon Fishing.  Also, the leaves will be nearing peak in the Adirondacks.

I will open my tailgate up to any Bulls Fan that will travel up. We had 130 fans last Friday for the Nova Tailgate. 

Those making fun of our 2 OT win versus Nova should remember that Nova is in the Top 10 of FCS and we had 2 starting OL out and our QB got ejected.  Still we played like crap and should have won by 14-17 pts.  Our next game @CMU will tell more. Syracuse has post season bowl wins the last four seasons over Kansas St, WVU and Minnesota...we don't suck anymore like we did under Greg Robinson.

Is that too early for the leaves changing?

And we really weren't making fun of your win .... it's just that we were told USF was close to signing 3 high powered teams we'd be excited about and I'm sure even you would agree that Cuse doesn't exactly fit that bill to the average college football fan.  ;)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Is that too early for the leaves changing?

The further north you go, the earlier the fall starts. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309

The leaves around Syracuse will have minimal change...however, if you have a rental car a day trip to the Adirondacks would be spectacular.   Old Forge is about 2 hours away.  I would go there.

Agreed that Cuse isn't high powered (not since McNabb era really) but they are still a big name in college sports.  Cuse fans are excited about this being over Columbus Day Weekend next year.

Edited by TexanMark

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'd love to see Cuse Hoops play USF.   Not a prime recruiting ground for us...but it would be a fun for the NE based Cuse fans as well as the FL Cuse fans.

I don't know if you have been following recent developments in USF basketball, but we have a new head coach (Orlando Antigua former assistant at UK, and he brought some key assistants with him including: Rod Strickland (former NBA PG and UK assistant), and Oliver Antigua (his brother and former SHU assistant). All those guys are from NYC, so we are NOW heavily involved in recruiting your old neck of the woods. Playing SU a series would help those recruiting efforts.

• Upvote 1