• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF on CBS Sports Network For Eight Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Not on Comcast according to Wikipedia  Scratch that, its on most cables systems, I misread that. Sorry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Sports_Network

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I suggest anyone considering Cord Cutting see if your TV provider has a pause or vacation mode that you can take it out of during football season.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Steps to enjoying football on TV, be it ESPN, ABC, Fox, CBSSN, FS1:

1. Tune into channel with your game on.

2. Mute TV.

3. Turn on radio.

4. Tune to USF broadcast.

5. Enjoy.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Hmm, not good for me as I "cut the cord" long ago and only have antenna cable and my xbox to watch ESPN stuff....sounds like plenty of trips to Beef O Brady's this year.

This. Go out and make a presence for USF at the bars. Make some new friends, talk some football, convert some BULLS! I met some great tailgate buddies by going out and watching the games last year. Always can use more Green and Gold at the bars. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

I want to know how you talked the family into cutting the cord.

$128+ a month or $40-50 a month just for internet....it was a no-brainer for me. I'm saving nearly a grand a year.

With my Mohu Leaf (http://www.gomohu.com/) I get about 35 local channels, and we have access to Amazon Prime and they have streaming movies/shows, Netflix (using a friends pw), HBO Go (using another friends pw), and the free version of Hulu. I also use the ESPN app on my xbox and phone for sports (using my father in-laws brighthouse pw)

With all of those options, I saw no reason to keep wasting money on cable. You'd be surprised how willing your friends/family are to share their access with you, all you have to do is ask.

I tried that but I have suddenlink here in my area. You have a 250 gb limit a month which equals to about 150 hrs a month of streaming only. Average person watches 100 hrs of TV a month. I found it out quick with the kid being home for the summer that the Internet gets used fast and then I get charged an extra fee for going over 250. Straight robbery here in central louisana. Edited by ssgCraigO

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26

I tried that but I have suddenlink here in my area. You have a 250 gb limit a month which equals to about 150 hrs a month of streaming only. Average person watches 100 hrs of TV a month. I found it out quick with the kid being home for the summer that the Internet gets used fast and then I get charged an extra fee for going over 250. Straight robbery here in central louisana.

Straight robbery is how we do in Louisiana.  :pimp:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725

I tried that but I have suddenlink here in my area. You have a 250 gb limit a month which equals to about 150 hrs a month of streaming only. Average person watches 100 hrs of TV a month. I found it out quick with the kid being home for the summer that the Internet gets used fast and then I get charged an extra fee for going over 250. Straight robbery here in central louisana.

Straight robbery is how we do in Louisiana.  :pimp:

Amen. Didn't even realise had someone else in LA with me.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I am anxiously awaiting Slick's response...as I know he has "cut the cord" as well.

I'm sure he'll say its on the same channel as all the Notre Dame and Ivy League games are on

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I want to know how you talked the family into cutting the cord.

$128+ a month or $40-50 a month just for internet....it was a no-brainer for me. I'm saving nearly a grand a year. 

With my Mohu Leaf (http://www.gomohu.com/) I get about 35 local channels, and we have access to Amazon Prime and they have streaming movies/shows, Netflix (using a friends pw), HBO Go (using another friends pw), and the free version of Hulu. I also use the ESPN app on my xbox and phone for sports (using my father in-laws brighthouse pw)

With all of those options, I saw no reason to keep wasting money on cable. You'd be surprised how willing your friends/family are to share their access with you, all you have to do is ask.

Plus all you have to do is Chromecast espn3 to your TV set

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I am glad that Aresco had some pull with his former CBS employer to get that TV deal to include CBS. To me this is better than the deal that we had before when we just had to rely on ESPN and their regional BS. Sure it is less money but at least we get to see more AAC games on CBS

My recollection is that ESPN reserved the rights to show our games on other networks if they (ESPN) could not fulfill its obligations to the AAC.

So does ESPN pay CBS Sports to show these games or does CBS Sports pay to buy these games from ESPN?  I'll be festy if I learn ESPN lowballed the AAC and then sold our games (perhaps for a profit?).  But I'll be demoralized if I learn that ESPN is actually paying to make AAC and USF go away.

Edited by Carolina_Bull