• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UM Football (Posts pulled from another thread)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Long line of RBs to break through for playing time at Miami right now. Especially if Yearby is as good as advertised.

Never know.

Really?

If Duke has a good bounce-back year, he'll go into the draft.  Yearby will be the only returning guy at Cronkrite's talent level.

I admire y'all's optimism, but if every 4 and 5 star player in Florida was checking out Florida Big 3 depth charts and fearful of competition, then it seems like USF and UCF would be landing some amazing recruiting classes.

Fortunately for Miami, most of the 4 and 5 star players in Florida aren't too scared to earn their playing time.  Particularly when that "long line of RBs" who are already enrolled likely only consists of one guy who was rated as highly.

If Yearby scares Cronkrite into picking USF, y'all can have him.

Yeah, but consider something else. Have you taken a look at your commit list?

You already have Scarlett, Dexter WIlliams, Mark Walton, as well as Cronkrite committed. Like it or not, Al Golden probably has a quota on how many RBs he can take before he has to stop. Not to mention you have Yearby, Johnson (as a junior), Crawford, and maybe De'Andre Johnson,  from previous classes. So in 2015 you're going to have 8 RBS on the depth chart? You tell me how that log jam is going to work out. There are other programs with competition at RB. I doubt you keep all four commits. At least one is going to get squeezed out and if USF can get back to winning I don't see why it won't be Cronkrite with the way Taggart can whisper honeyed words in recruit's ears.

Let's analyze.  First, Walton is a 2016 guy, not a 2015 guy.  I know what his academics are, and it is unlikely that he will be able to reclassify as a 2015 guy.  I'm not even going to tell you what has happened with him in the last week.  We'll see what happens when Ice talks to him.  He may stick, he may not.  But if he ends up elsewhere, it will be with an SEC program that has an amazing history at RB, and does not have an empty depth chart.

Yearby.  Hasn't even played a down yet.  Come on, man.

Dallas Crawford moved back to cornerback.  Six months ago.

DeAndre Johnson is a senior.  Walk-on.

Gus the Bus will be a junior by the time Cronkrite enrolls.  He's a 3-star from Staten Island.  I don't think any of the signees are worried.  Same with Walter Tucker, a 2-star, who literally got a UM offer at the last minute when a certain someone screwed us over for a certain hillbilly school in the SEC.  Again, I doubt the signees are worried.

We are talking about 3 4-star running backs.  If they can't out-perform the likes of Gus and Tucker, then maybe they should go elsewhere.

Besides, the one guy in that trio that I think will decommit is not named Cronkrite or Scarlett.

Fair enough, I just looked up 247 and got the basics of the situation. Apologies, but I don't spend a lot of time looking at other team's depth charts or specifics at every players. We have our hands full trying to figure out TIce, McCray, Swanson, Johnson, Mack, and so on, never mind trying to figure out your depth chart. 

And yes, yes, I get it, Yearby hasn't even lined up in a formation. 

But barring injury or utter disaster, you really think he's not going to play? We'll see. To your credit Miami definitely platoons, first with Mike James and last year with Crawford. We'll see what happens. Sometimes players do just flip. Marlon Mack had offers from UCLA and Louisville before he ended up becoming a Bull. Dee Johnson had offers from Louisville and Minnesota. Certainly not out of the question that we get one of your guys. Let's just see how it plays out. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Long line of RBs to break through for playing time at Miami right now. Especially if Yearby is as good as advertised.

Never know.

Really?

If Duke has a good bounce-back year, he'll go into the draft.  Yearby will be the only returning guy at Cronkrite's talent level.

I admire y'all's optimism, but if every 4 and 5 star player in Florida was checking out Florida Big 3 depth charts and fearful of competition, then it seems like USF and UCF would be landing some amazing recruiting classes.

Fortunately for Miami, most of the 4 and 5 star players in Florida aren't too scared to earn their playing time.  Particularly when that "long line of RBs" who are already enrolled likely only consists of one guy who was rated as highly.

You already have Scarlett, Dexter WIlliams, Mark Walton, as well as Cronkrite committed. Like it or not, Al Golden probably has a quota on how many RBs he can take before he has to stop. Not to mention you have Yearby, Johnson (as a junior), Crawford, and maybe De'Andre Johnson,  from previous classes. So in 2015 you're going to have 8 RBS on the depth chart? You tell me how that log jam is going to work out. There are other programs with competition at RB. I doubt you keep all four commits. At least one is going to get squeezed out and if USF can get back to winning I don't see why it won't be Cronkrite with the way Taggart can whisper honeyed words in recruit's ears.

Let's analyze.  First, Walton is a 2016 guy, not a 2015 guy.  I know what his academics are, and it is unlikely that he will be able to reclassify as a 2015 guy.  I'm not even going to tell you what has happened with him in the last week.  We'll see what happens when Ice talks to him.  He may stick, he may not.  But if he ends up elsewhere, it will be with an SEC program that has an amazing history at RB, and does not have an empty depth chart.

Gus the Bus will be a junior by the time Cronkrite enrolls.  He's a 3-star from Staten Island.  I don't think any of the signees are worried.  Same with Walter Tucker, a 2-star, who literally got a UM offer at the last minute when a certain someone screwed us over for a certain hillbilly school in the SEC.  Again, I doubt the signees are worried.

We are talking about 3 4-star running backs.  If they can't out-perform the likes of Gus and Tucker, then maybe they should go elsewhere.

Besides, the one guy in that trio that I think will decommit is not named Cronkrite or Scarlett.

Fair enough, I just looked up 247 and got the basics of the situation. Apologies, but I don't spend a lot of time looking at other team's depth charts or specifics at every players. We have our hands full trying to figure out TIce, McCray, Swanson, Johnson, Mack, and so on, never mind trying to figure out your depth chart. 

But barring injury or utter disaster, you really think he's not going to play? We'll see. To your credit Miami definitely platoons, first with Mike James and last year with Crawford. We'll see what happens. Sometimes players do just flip. Marlon Mack had offers from UCLA and Louisville before he ended up becoming a Bull. Dee Johnson had offers from Louisville and Minnesota. Certainly not out of the question that we get one of your guys. Let's just see how it plays out. 

It's all good.  Just didn't want to see a lot of irrational exuberance over Cronkrite.  I think it's hilarious that one of your moderators moved the "UM" part of this thread to another board, so now you can go back to having your unspoiled "Jordan Cronkrite being recruited by USF" thread without the taint of talking about where he is currently committed.

Funny thing is, there's a lot going on right now.  Wouldn't be surprised if someone is a free agent soon.  Just...not Cronkrite.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Never know.

Really?

It's all good.  Just didn't want to see a lot of irrational exuberance over Cronkrite.  I think it's hilarious that one of your moderators moved the "UM" part of this thread to another board, so now you can go back to having your unspoiled "Jordan Cronkrite being recruited by USF" thread without the taint of talking about where he is currently committed.

Funny thing is, there's a lot going on right now.  Wouldn't be surprised if someone is a free agent soon.  Just...not Cronkrite.

I'm guessing the mod didn't want it to devolve into the "what's the state of UM football", but hopefully doesn't mind outsiders weighing in.  Despite my retort to you, I usually appreciate your insight on recruits.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

First, there wasn't any irrational exuberance over this at the point you chimed in. We've seen this movie before and know how it ends most of the time. Second, when our fans start questioning your presence there and talking about your inflatable girlfriend, it's time to move it to where you can continue to enlighten, hopefully, without interruption. Third, now you have a thread of your own to squash our irrational exuberance when you feel the need.

Never know.

Really?

I'm guessing the mod didn't want it to devolve into the "what's the state of UM football", but hopefully doesn't mind outsiders weighing in.  Despite my retort to you, I usually appreciate your insight on recruits.

Again, no problems with anyone.  I moderate a UM board, y'all are entitled to moderate a USF board any way you see fit.  

If the board is open to the public, there will be some discussion.  We all recruit (primarily) from the same state, there is bound to be some overlap. It's nothing personal, I just tend to read threads on kids Miami is also recruiting.

Starting to feel a bit better about Walton, but who knows, it's still so early for thew 2016 kids.

Lots of stuff popping right now after that UGa event.  Not sure if you've seen the articles yet.  A SoFla 5-star WR kid now has a warrant out for his arrest, which is one of the things I was trying to hint at previously.  It was still unknown how many other players (both UGa and recruits) were involved, but it was all SoFla stuff.

I've heard more "SoFla kids with bad behavior on unofficial trips" stories in the past few months than I have since Willie Williams was scarfing down lobster tails.

Keep your eyes and ears open.  You might be able to pick up some top talent in a scratch-and-dent sale.

First, there wasn't any irrational exuberance over this at the point you chimed in. We've seen this movie before and know how it ends most of the time. Second, when our fans start questioning your presence there and talking about your inflatable girlfriend, it's time to move it to where you can continue to enlighten, hopefully, without interruption. Third, now you have a thread of your own to squash our irrational exuberance when you feel the need.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only one board is limited to USF fans only, the rest are open to the public.  I just think it's funny that my posts got moved because a USF fan made an immature comment about my inflatable girlfriend.  It's especially funny that it's still a recruiting thread, but it got moved to a non-recruiting board.

No hard feelings.  Not even from my inflatable girlfriend.  She has a name, you know.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Never know.

Really?

Again, no problems with anyone.  I moderate a UM board, y'all are entitled to moderate a USF board any way you see fit.  

If the board is open to the public, there will be some discussion.  We all recruit (primarily) from the same state, there is bound to be some overlap. It's nothing personal, I just tend to read threads on kids Miami is also recruiting.

Starting to feel a bit better about Walton, but who knows, it's still so early for thew 2016 kids.

Lots of stuff popping right now after that UGa event.  Not sure if you've seen the articles yet.  A SoFla 5-star WR kid now has a warrant out for his arrest, which is one of the things I was trying to hint at previously.  It was still unknown how many other players (both UGa and recruits) were involved, but it was all SoFla stuff.

I've heard more "SoFla kids with bad behavior on unofficial trips" stories in the past few months than I have since Willie Williams was scarfing down lobster tails.

Keep your eyes and ears open.  You might be able to pick up some top talent in a scratch-and-dent sale.

Scratch and dent? Coach Taggart has plenty of elbow grease. I'm sure he's looking.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only one board is limited to USF fans only, the rest are open to the public.  I just think it's funny that my posts got moved because a USF fan made an immature comment about my inflatable girlfriend.  It's especially funny that it's still a recruiting thread, but it got moved to a non-recruiting board.

No hard feelings.  Not even from my inflatable girlfriend.  She has a name, you know.

You better hope Mante Teo doesn't find out you're hooking up with his gal :-)

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

They have you picked to win the coastal division.

They have you picked to win the coastal division.

And a rematch against FSU.

I'd be surprised if the NC isn't FSU v Bama, as Bama is still fuming over letting Auburn wreck their season last year.  I see Bama winning that game, FWIW.