• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UM Football (Posts pulled from another thread)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Four star RB out of Miami, currently committed to Miami.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Cronkrite-23211

Visiting USF this weekend per his Twitter.  Definitely a long shot but it's the slow season so some info is better than none...

He's doing a favor for Telly.  All Cane.

Lock it in, folks, the Mighty Mutiny has spoken. :stirpot:

He is all Cane until he isn't which obviously/always because Miami "no longer wanted/needed him." :rolleyes:

I'd hope/expect Lockett not to bring in a kid he has no chance with.  Why spend the $$, or maybe even scare off some other quality RB.

I'm not surprised he'd lean to UM, but UM can't get them all.  Besides, UM bud Luther Campbell recently tweeted, "If Locketts wants you, play for him".

I don't care what you hope/expect, perception is a part of the game.  And you can sometimes use the perception that top talent has interest in your program to draw the attention of other talented players.

Telly knows how to play the SoFla perception game.

Thanks for giving us credit for Cronkrite "leaning" to UM.  Last I checked, he was a solid verbal commit.  Details.

As for Luke, I just don't care about his tweets.  He's pumping up Telly.  Good for him.

I hope you're putting that tweet in your recruiting materials.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

As long as it lands us the #1 class in the conference and a top 40 class nationally, I don't care what we say or what recruits think. Something is working.

Sitting behind Yearby for 3 years is a reality he'd have to look at. You're naive if you think kids will sign up to play at UM, or any school for that matter, without thinking about possible playing time.

What USF can offer to blue chip recruits is immediate playing time. Work hard 2-3 years as a starter then go to the nfl. Or sit behind Yearby and hope you get your shot.

Or go play special teams for Alabama when you were a 5* RB.

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Long line of RBs to break through for playing time at Miami right now. Especially if Yearby is as good as advertised.

Never know.

Really?

If Duke has a good bounce-back year, he'll go into the draft.  Yearby will be the only returning guy at Cronkrite's talent level.

I admire y'all's optimism, but if every 4 and 5 star player in Florida was checking out Florida Big 3 depth charts and fearful of competition, then it seems like USF and UCF would be landing some amazing recruiting classes.

Fortunately for Miami, most of the 4 and 5 star players in Florida aren't too scared to earn their playing time.  Particularly when that "long line of RBs" who are already enrolled likely only consists of one guy who was rated as highly.

If Yearby scares Cronkrite into picking USF, y'all can have him.

Please win the ACC for a change.  You have not won it since switching from the Big East, Miami actually has not been in the championship game at all or had a 10 win season. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Long line of RBs to break through for playing time at Miami right now. Especially if Yearby is as good as advertised.

Never know.

Really?

If Duke has a good bounce-back year, he'll go into the draft.  Yearby will be the only returning guy at Cronkrite's talent level.

I admire y'all's optimism, but if every 4 and 5 star player in Florida was checking out Florida Big 3 depth charts and fearful of competition, then it seems like USF and UCF would be landing some amazing recruiting classes.

Fortunately for Miami, most of the 4 and 5 star players in Florida aren't too scared to earn their playing time.  Particularly when that "long line of RBs" who are already enrolled likely only consists of one guy who was rated as highly.

Please win the ACC for a change.  You have not won it since switching from the Big East, Miami actually has not been in the championship game at all or had a 10 win season. 

:facepalm:

We REALLY need to quit slinging around stuff like this to other teams' d-bags fans ... ya know, seeing as we haven't been won a championship or even been in a CCG. 

It just looks stupid to say that as a USF fan. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Never know.

Really?

Yeah, but consider something else. Have you taken a look at your commit list?

You already have Scarlett, Dexter WIlliams, Mark Walton, as well as Cronkrite committed. Like it or not, Al Golden probably has a quota on how many RBs he can take before he has to stop. Not to mention you have Yearby, Johnson (as a junior), Crawford, and maybe De'Andre Johnson,  from previous classes. So in 2015 you're going to have 8 RBS on the depth chart? You tell me how that log jam is going to work out. There are other programs with competition at RB. I doubt you keep all four commits. At least one is going to get squeezed out and if USF can get back to winning I don't see why it won't be Cronkrite with the way Taggart can whisper honeyed words in recruit's ears.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Four star RB out of Miami, currently committed to Miami.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Cronkrite-23211

Visiting USF this weekend per his Twitter.  Definitely a long shot but it's the slow season so some info is better than none...

He's doing a favor for Telly.  All Cane.

Lock it in, folks, the Mighty Mutiny has spoken. :stirpot:

He is all Cane until he isn't which obviously/always because Miami "no longer wanted/needed him." :rolleyes:

I'd hope/expect Lockett not to bring in a kid he has no chance with.  Why spend the $$, or maybe even scare off some other quality RB.

I'm not surprised he'd lean to UM, but UM can't get them all.  Besides, UM bud Luther Campbell recently tweeted, "If Locketts wants you, play for him".

I don't care what you hope/expect, perception is a part of the game.  And you can sometimes use the perception that top talent has interest in your program to draw the attention of other talented players.

Telly knows how to play the SoFla perception game.

Thanks for giving us credit for Cronkrite "leaning" to UM.  Last I checked, he was a solid verbal commit.  Details.

As for Luke, I just don't care about his tweets.  He's pumping up Telly.  Good for him.

I hope you're putting that tweet in your recruiting materials.

Dude, no need to go into "**** mode".  I said "leaning", as I don't know this kid or any details.  I just don't lurk and hang on this stuff.  But if you're hanging your arrogance on "solid verbal", that's cool.

I don't care about LCampbell, either.  Just surprised a bit, as he was big on the Canes during the "glory days", and seems to be bent of his recent perceived lack of respect from Da U. 

As long as it lands us the #1 class in the conference and a top 40 class nationally, I don't care what we say or what recruits think. Something is working.

Sitting behind Yearby for 3 years is a reality he'd have to look at. You're naive if you think kids will sign up to play at UM, or any school for that matter, without thinking about possible playing time.

What USF can offer to blue chip recruits is immediate playing time. Work hard 2-3 years as a starter then go to the nfl. Or sit behind Yearby and hope you get your shot.

Or go play special teams for Alabama when you were a 5* RB.

"Sitting behind Yearby for 3 years".  Sure.  If you think that will get you Cronkrite, go for it.  Yearby hasn't even stepped onto the field for UM yet.  And UM has never really played just one RB to the exclusion of others.  Maybe when we had Ottis Anderson (and nobody else).

I'm not being naive.  I'm not saying guys haven't looked at the depth chart.  I am saying that when guys embrace the challenge and the competition, they don't have to pick USF's open depth chart over Miami and the fearsome Joseph Yearby.  Most of the Top 25 programs in the country don't have wide-open depth charts.  4 and 5 star players still sign with them.

You are positing some magical "play for 2-3 years at USF and then go to the NFL" career path.  Can I just ask you who has succeeded on that magical career path?  I mean, I checked the NFL draft history of USF, and I don't even see a single RB selected in the draft.

Mike James.  Lamar Miller.  Frank Gore.  Willis McGahee.  Clinton Portis.  James Jackson.  Najeh Davenport.  Edgerrin James.  Larry Jones.  James Stewart.  Cleveland Gary.  Melvin Bratton.  Warren Williams.  Alonzo Highsmith.  Darryl Oliver.  Speedy Neal.  Keith Griffin.  Albert Bentley.  Ottis Anderson.  Chuck Foreman.  Pete Banaszak.  

Those are just SOME of the running backs that have been drafted out of Miami.  That's a murderer's row of running backs.

I don't know why a kid would ignore that history and running back lineage to find an empty depth chart somewhere that has never produced a single drafted running back.  Because Joseph Yearby is on the roster.

Don't stop believin'.

Never know.

Really?

Yeah, but consider something else. Have you taken a look at your commit list?

You already have Scarlett, Dexter WIlliams, Mark Walton, as well as Cronkrite committed. Like it or not, Al Golden probably has a quota on how many RBs he can take before he has to stop. Not to mention you have Yearby, Johnson (as a junior), Crawford, and maybe De'Andre Johnson,  from previous classes. So in 2015 you're going to have 8 RBS on the depth chart? You tell me how that log jam is going to work out. There are other programs with competition at RB. I doubt you keep all four commits. At least one is going to get squeezed out and if USF can get back to winning I don't see why it won't be Cronkrite with the way Taggart can whisper honeyed words in recruit's ears.

Let's analyze.  First, Walton is a 2016 guy, not a 2015 guy.  I know what his academics are, and it is unlikely that he will be able to reclassify as a 2015 guy.  I'm not even going to tell you what has happened with him in the last week.  We'll see what happens when Ice talks to him.  He may stick, he may not.  But if he ends up elsewhere, it will be with an SEC program that has an amazing history at RB, and does not have an empty depth chart.

Yearby.  Hasn't even played a down yet.  Come on, man.

Dallas Crawford moved back to cornerback.  Six months ago.

DeAndre Johnson is a senior.  Walk-on.

Gus the Bus will be a junior by the time Cronkrite enrolls.  He's a 3-star from Staten Island.  I don't think any of the signees are worried.  Same with Walter Tucker, a 2-star, who literally got a UM offer at the last minute when a certain someone screwed us over for a certain hillbilly school in the SEC.  Again, I doubt the signees are worried.

We are talking about 3 4-star running backs.  If they can't out-perform the likes of Gus and Tucker, then maybe they should go elsewhere.

Besides, the one guy in that trio that I think will decommit is not named Cronkrite or Scarlett.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Wow, you're spending a lot of time in here, man.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Wow, you're spending a lot of time in here, man.

His girlfiend sprung a leak and deflated?