• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF FB Adds Speed Coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Its not so bad. It was only one year at West Virigina. This means he was there for the three years that transformed the Western Kentucky team.  No matter who the S & C is Taggart has say in how he wants this done and will continue to do so. 

He was only at WKU one year, as an assistant S&C coach ...

A 2004 WKU graduate, Oderinde spent a year as "speed and conditioning" coach at West Virginia. Prior to that, he spent a year as assistant strength and conditioning coach at his alma mater, and three seasons as strength and conditioning coach for the South Carolina men's basketball team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

he is the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach @ USF not the Football Speed coach.

Reportedly .... 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Hans Straub, why did you have to open your big fat mouth? You had something good going here. 

I can see why they moved fast though. This time of year, S&C is the major point of contact for student athletes and they needed to make sure someone was in place fast. He will need to do well here.

Man, I'm right there with ya on that, what the heck was he thinking interrupting things at such a crucial point in S&C phase!? But it's done, and we're probably lucky his numbskull-ness wasn't something worse.

Oderinde seems a gamble, but good ol' boy hire or not he's qualified. I just hope he has a good plan.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Hans Straub, why did you have to open your big fat mouth? You had something good going here. 

I can see why they moved fast though. This time of year, S&C is the major point of contact for student athletes and they needed to make sure someone was in place fast. He will need to do well here.

Man, I'm right there with ya on that, what the heck was he thinking interrupting things at such a crucial point in S&C phase!? But it's done, and we're probably lucky his numbskull-ness wasn't something worse.

Oderinde seems a gamble, but good ol' boy hire or not he's qualified. I just hope he has a good plan.

He is?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The WVU facilities are impressive...if you've even been to WVU for a game, you can peer into part of the gym from the wrap around walk way at the stadium.

I don't know enough about him to be happy or sad, but we're poaching from a team that is above our level (hate to say it...as we wrecked them a lot during our hey day), so maybe that's good.

good ol' boy, maybe?  Or maybe he's good enough that he'd only leap for someone he trusted (or a much higher profile gig).  Going to trust Taggart till he proves I shouldn't.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The WVU facilities are impressive...if you've even been to WVU for a game, you can peer into part of the gym from the wrap around walk way at the stadium.

I don't know enough about him to be happy or sad, but we're poaching from a team that is above our level (hate to say it...as we wrecked them a lot during our hey day), so maybe that's good.

good ol' boy, maybe?  Or maybe he's good enough that he'd only leap for someone he trusted (or a much higher profile gig).  Going to trust Taggart till he proves I shouldn't.

I imagine the $$$ we're offering over WKU played some part in the decision as well.

• Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

Its not so bad. It was only one year at West Virigina. This means he was there for the three years that transformed the Western Kentucky team.  No matter who the S & C is Taggart has say in how he wants this done and will continue to do so. 

He was only at WKU one year, as an assistant S&C coach ...

A 2004 WKU graduate, Oderinde spent a year as "speed and conditioning" coach at West Virginia. Prior to that, he spent a year as assistant strength and conditioning coach at his alma mater, and three seasons as strength and conditioning coach for the South Carolina men's basketball team.

Okay we are screwed

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Less than enthused. Appears to be an old boy network hire.

Here's to hoping he works out. :D

And has no twitter account ...

Welcome to college football or football coaching in general. As in life the good ol' boy network will get alot of doors open.

I imagine the $$$ we're offering over WKU played some part in the decision as well.

We didn't hire him from WKU...we hired him from WVU.

And before some clever boy points it out. The WVU website does not call him their "speed" coach

http://www.wvusports.com/staffDirectory.cfm?type=coaching&sportID=1&sport=football

Hey, at least he's ranked a slot ahead of video coordinator.  That's something!

Here's a shot of the just the S&C side...losing my enthusiasm, but trying HARD to trust Taggart knows what he's doing.

http://www.wvusports.com/staffDirectory.cfm?type=AD2&adCatID=15