• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

F Kamari Murphy, Oklahoma State transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Yeah, you won't see me promoting tourism in Miami.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What city is UCF in? While it's entirely possible UCFers can't properly find themselves on a map, the USPS seems to agree with them based in their mailing address.

UCF is in unincorporated Orange County.  It's about 8 miles outside the city limits.

And UCF is in Orlando. The point of the comparison was that while they are in the city, it's not as if the city influences either campus in any way.

UCF is not in Orlando, and I don't know of many colleges where the city influences the students. Most students can't afford the things that cities provide.

So the Heat being in the Finals didn't influence Murphy?

I don't know.  Did we get any bump in recruiting from the Bucs winning the Superbowl?  Did UM get recruiting bumps for the Heat's two championships?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I would argue no.

What city is UCF in? While it's entirely possible UCFers can't properly find themselves on a map, the USPS seems to agree with them based in their mailing address.

UCF is in unincorporated Orange County.  It's about 8 miles outside the city limits.

City limits can be deceiving-

City of Jacksonville

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

And UCF is in Orlando. The point of the comparison was that while they are in the city, it's not as if the city influences either campus in any way.

UCF is not in Orlando, and I don't know of many colleges where the city influences the students. Most students can't afford the things that cities provide.
So the Heat being in the Finals didn't influence Murphy?

I don't know. Did we get any bump in recruiting from the Bucs winning the Superbowl? Did UM get recruiting bumps for the Heat's two championships?

I'm not saying that a city winning a championship and their college recruiting class that year is directly positively correlated. What I am saying is, that this particular young man was in Miami, as evidenced by the tweet I quoted earlier and one indicating he would have been "lit" if they were playing game 2 in Miami, when the city was turned up during the finals. What twenty year old wouldn't have had an amazing time, and how would that amazing time not factor in to his decision on where to play ball?

Seems pretty basic to me lol. Unless having a good experience when visiting a school doesnt sway 19-20 year olds decision making. (As a 24 yr old I am inclined to think the contrary)

City of Jacksonville

That's not the point.  It was stated that neither USF nor UCF were in their respective cities.  I just pointed out that USF technically is and UCF is not.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

My guess is he was swayed more by "Miami" than by the Heat.

To most of the world, Miami is considered more of a sexy, playground city. Tampa is more of quiet place.

Who knows how that recruiting trip went, but if he was taken out partying anywhere near south Beach during the finals (or really any time for that matter), he was probably introduced to rappers abd celebrities and a general party atmosphere.

Even with great facilities and a young up and coming coach, that is more of an exciting thing than being in Tampa.

Just depends on what the kid is looking for.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

UM and real Miami is like saying UCF is in Orlando.

or USF is in Tampa?

Actually, USF is in the Tampa city limits.

I always thought it was unincorporated Hillsborough county.

City of Jacksonville

That's not the point.  It was stated that neither USF nor UCF were in their respective cities.  I just pointed out that USF technically is and UCF is not.

With all due respect, that YOUR point, not THE point...this started out as questioning the nexus of the city life to the school, and it's impact.

But, I think we've derailed Murphy's page long enough...tho' not like he cares.