• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MLS TV Deal

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Fair. I don't like to argue ratings, too many variables.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Show me any statistic you can find where soccer viewership beats baseball. Any demographic of your choosing.

And you will buy me a beer?

You said kids today are far more interested in watching a soccer game than a baseball game. I'm skeptical of that statement. I'll give you that the World Cup final gets viewers, but that's like saying people prefer speed skating to baseball because the Olympics get good ratings.

What about the polls that show just as many kids are avid MLS fans as MLB fans?  Why haven't you commented?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Show me any statistic you can find where soccer viewership beats baseball. Any demographic of your choosing.

You said kids today are far more interested in watching a soccer game than a baseball game. I'm skeptical of that statement. I'll give you that the World Cup final gets viewers, but that's like saying people prefer speed skating to baseball because the Olympics get good ratings.

What about the polls that show just as many kids are avid MLS fans as MLB fans?  Why haven't you commented?

Because you haven't come close to showing kids are FAR MORE interested in soccer than baseball. I thought you had more to post.

Because you haven't come close to showing kids are FAR MORE interested in soccer than baseball. I thought you had more to post.

Seriously?  

LOL.  This isn't a debate about the budget.  You have been posting here how terribly far behind soccer is, that no one in the US cares at all about soccer or the MLS.  Now I show that kids are as interested in the MLS as they are in the MLB, and you pretend that you aren't impressed.  Right.

Ok, we'll just pretend that you didn't learn that soccer is far more popular amongst the youth of American than you thought and instead let you hide behind semantics.  

Good day.

Excellent backout of the your own trap by changing the argument. You said far more, I called ********. My argument about the budget was a whole different thread. But since you brought it up, reread that one and show me where I said any of that.

If you had said soccer was becoming more popular with each generation and is even comparable to baseball in some age groups, I'd have agreed.

Edited by JTrue

Excellent backout of the your own trap by changing the argument. You said far more, I called ********. My argument about the budget was a whole different thread. But since you brought it up, reread that one and show me where I said any of that.

If you had said soccer was becoming more popular with each generation and is even comparable to baseball in some age groups, I'd have agreed.

Budget was just an example of a subject more concrete, I wasn't referring to any specific discussion we may have had on that subject.

My point is that you have changed your argument completely because you are trying to "win" the argument.  I was trying to have a discussion and bring to light new information.  There is a huge swing in dynamics going on, the times are changing.  That is all.

If winning the argument means not believing soccer is more popular than baseball, then yes, I was trying to win. Guilty.

If winning the argument means not believing soccer is more popular than baseball, then yes, I was trying to win. Guilty.

Your statement was not "soccer more popular than baseball", it was "Any demographic at all".

Kids 12-17 is a demographic, and soccer has drawn even.  Twenty years ago it wasn't even remotely close.  I suppose that "even" technically isn't "more".  So, you win.

Now a different question.

Two days ago did you have any idea that there are as many teenage avid fans of MLS as there are teenage fans of MLB?

Your statement was not "soccer more popular than baseball", it was "Any demographic at all".

Kids 12-17 is a demographic, and soccer has drawn even.  Twenty years ago it wasn't even remotely close.  I suppose that "even" technically isn't "more".  So, you win.

Now a different question.

Two days ago did you have any idea that there are as many teenage avid fans of MLS as there are teenage fans of MLB?

I would have said baseball narrowly edged out soccer. And then I would have said, it will be interesting to see how MLS viewership and ticket sales grow compared to baseball as a generation of fans grow up with a legit soccer league.