• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football Players And Their Worthless Degrees

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I feel absolutely no sympathy for them

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm trying to decide if I care less about this or the NBA.

You work for the NCAA? Yoy do know that over 50% of these scholarship players are below the poverty level? So they are given a shot at the NFL and schools choose their majors and put them in these paper classes that require no effort and don't take away from their 50-60 hour a week playing/practice schedule. UNC is not the only school I've read a out doing this either. So why are they there? To make money for the schools. PERIOD. SO Fing PAY THEM!

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

do these players have no say in what classes they take?

You work for the NCAA? Yoy do know that over 50% of these scholarship players are below the poverty level? So they are given a shot at the NFL and schools choose their majors and put them in these paper classes that require no effort and don't take away from their 50-60 hour a week playing/practice schedule. UNC is not the only school I've read a out doing this either. So why are they there? To make money for the schools. PERIOD. SO Fing PAY THEM!

Completely dumb reply.

They came from below the poverty level so they should appreciate what they are getting for free.

And they should know **** well how hard it is to make it to the NFL.

You don't think they have the same access to the news or the TV specials like the one in the OP?

I came from a poor family and I worked full time while attending school. I even had to work while attending high school.  I didn't have the benefit of student aid as I HAD to delay college for a few years to work (not many scholarships for "returning students")

They know **** well the risks for the reward.  They have complete say in what they choose to do, from what school they attend to their classes and majors.

They choose money and fame over everything else.  And these decisions come when they are already old enough.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yes, they can choose their classes - if they want to. The problem is, they're looking with 20-40 foresight instead of 20-20 hindsight.

Offer a college student - ANY college student - a slate of easy classes v. hard classes, and most of them will take the easy way out.

Many of the hard-times athletes haven't been sufficiently prepared for college by their high schools - THIS is where the real tragedy lies.

• Upvote 1

Yes, they can choose their classes - if they want to. The problem is, they're looking with 20-40 foresight instead of 20-20 hindsight.

Offer a college student - ANY college student - a slate of easy classes v. hard classes, and most of them will take the easy way out.

Many of the hard-times athletes haven't been sufficiently prepared for college by their high schools - THIS is where the real tragedy lies.

Read The System. They are steered into classes and assigned majors they don't even want. The schools are doing this to maximize their time on football. Stop blaming the kids, they are offered a free education and a shot at the NFL and get a worthless degree and often life long medical problems.

Ehttp://www.amazon.com/The-System-Scandal-Big-Time-Football/dp/0385536615

Edited by slick1ru2
  • Downvote 2

Completely dumb reply.

They came from below the poverty level so they should appreciate what they are getting for free.

You don't think they have the same access to the news or the TV specials like the one in the OP?

I came from a poor family and I worked full time while attending school. I even had to work while attending high school.  I didn't have the benefit of student aid as I HAD to delay college for a few years to work (not many scholarships for "returning students")

They know **** well the risks for the reward.  They have complete say in what they choose to do, from what school they attend to their classes and majors.

They choose money and fame over everything else.  And these decisions come when they are already old enough.

You are clueless. Or you work for the NCAA. Period. So if it's not two, it's one.

• Downvote 1

Completely dumb reply.

You are clueless. Or you work for the NCAA. Period. So if it's not two, it's one.

Based on your reply it's obvious that there is no reason to continue this conversation.

You clearly are nowhere near the brightest bulb and just want to spew out agendas, so I'm done with this thread.

• Upvote 1