• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

C Rubén Guerrero signed LOI

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Still 1 big man away. Right now we have Perry and this new Bull.

I'm still hoping that we sign Jaleel Cousins. There is a thread for him on our recruiting board. He visited USF last month. His older brother Demarcus (NBA) played for CoachO at UK. Supposedly, Hawaii and Houston are in the mix for him.

Interestingly, I found a Ruben Guerrero thread on a Spanish message board, that mentions Cousins. From the Google translation. It seems to me that it was started by his coach and left me with the impression that Cousins is coming to USF.

Re : NCAA 13/14

Note 03 May 2014 , 1:16 a.m.

Slammer wrote:

vmpm wrote: Well , I have Placed Ruben Guerrero University South Florida.

What can you tell us for Which We do not follow the NCAA in Such detail ? Level ? Team? Competition ? Anything is welcome.

They have had quite a few last week moved to South Florida With the whole issue of Masiello and all outputs avalanche of the coaching change . That I would say I was beginning to notice the hand of Orlando Antigua to add new names but not how it will hand in Guerrero had no idea what theme. Anyway , I guess I will be involved in. the decision.

It Seems to me that Could have good minutes, speaking from the point of competition in the post , Because do not know the level of current Guerrero, but at Least Requested John Egbunu Within the ' transfer' , Victor Rudd has graduated , and Were the Most important two . I guess Chris Perry will be The most immediate competition on the inside , and then Brought to Jaleel Cousins ​​of JUCO and HS To Have since joined Dre'Kalo Clayton .

Sounds like a good decision on your part to end at USF . The arrival of Antigua will give you a point of growth for the program and You may also have a CAA minutes in all , not bad.

Thank you very much for your answer , Slammer .

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://foros.acb.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D1%26t%3D472558%26p%3D26225679&prev=/search%3Fq%3DJaleel%2BCousins%2B%2Busf%26start%3D10%26sa%3DN%26authuser%3D0%26gl%3Dus%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1187%26bih%3D510

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm still hoping that we sign Jaleel Cousins. There is a thread for him on our recruiting board. He visited USF last month. His older brother Demarcus (NBA) played for CoachO at UK. Supposedly, Hawaii and Houston are in the mix for him.

Interestingly, I found a Ruben Guerrero thread on a Spanish message board, that mentions Cousins. From the Google translation. It seems to me that it was started by his coach and left me with the impression that Cousins is coming to USF.

Slammer wrote:

What can you tell us for Which We do not follow the NCAA in Such detail ? Level ? Team? Competition ? Anything is welcome.

They have had quite a few last week moved to South Florida With the whole issue of Masiello and all outputs avalanche of the coaching change . That I would say I was beginning to notice the hand of Orlando Antigua to add new names but not how it will hand in Guerrero had no idea what theme. Anyway , I guess I will be involved in. the decision.

It Seems to me that Could have good minutes, speaking from the point of competition in the post , Because do not know the level of current Guerrero, but at Least Requested John Egbunu Within the ' transfer' , Victor Rudd has graduated , and Were the Most important two . I guess Chris Perry will be The most immediate competition on the inside , and then Brought to Jaleel Cousins ​​of JUCO and HS To Have since joined Dre'Kalo Clayton .

Sounds like a good decision on your part to end at USF . The arrival of Antigua will give you a point of growth for the program and You may also have a CAA minutes in all , not bad.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://foros.acb.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D1%26t%3D472558%26p%3D26225679&prev=/search%3Fq%3DJaleel%2BCousins%2B%2Busf%26start%3D10%26sa%3DN%26authuser%3D0%26gl%3Dus%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1187%26bih%3D510

Looks that way to me too. Here's the original Spanish, any cunning linquists on the board want to fill in the blanks? Thanks!

Slammer escribió:

vmpm escribió:Pues ya tenemos a Rubén Guerrero colocado en University South Florida.

¿Qué nos podéis contar para los que no seguimos con tanto detalle la NCAA? ¿Nivel del equipo? ¿Competencia? Lo que sea será bienvenido.

Han tenido unas últimas semanas bastante movidas en South Florida con todo el tema de Masiello y toda la avalancha de salidas por el cambio de entrenador. Iba a decir que se estaba empezando a notar la mano de Orlando Antigua para sumar nuevos nombres pero no se hasta qué punto habrá tenido mano en el tema de Guerrero. De todos modos, supongo que habrá intervenido en la decisión.

A mí me parece que podría contar con buenos minutos, hablando desde el punto de competencia en el puesto, porque desconozco el nivel actual de Guerrero, pero al menos por dentro John Egbunu ha pedido el 'transfer', Victor Rudd se ha graduado, y eran los dos más importantes. Chris Perry supongo que será la más inmediata competencia por dentro, y luego han traído a Jaleel Cousins de JUCO y han sumado desde HS a Dre'Kalo Clayton.

http://foros.acb.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=472558&p=26225679

Me parece una buena decisión por su parte acabar en USF. La llegada de Antigua le dará un punto de crecimiento al programa y además puede contar con minutos en una AAC que dentro de todo, no está mal.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Slammer wrote:

Looks that way to me too. Here's the original Spanish, any cunning linquists on the board want to fill in the blanks? Thanks!

Slammer escribió:

vmpm escribió:Pues ya tenemos a Rubén Guerrero colocado en University South Florida.

¿Qué nos podéis contar para los que no seguimos con tanto detalle la NCAA? ¿Nivel del equipo? ¿Competencia? Lo que sea será bienvenido.

Han tenido unas últimas semanas bastante movidas en South Florida con todo el tema de Masiello y toda la avalancha de salidas por el cambio de entrenador. Iba a decir que se estaba empezando a notar la mano de Orlando Antigua para sumar nuevos nombres pero no se hasta qué punto habrá tenido mano en el tema de Guerrero. De todos modos, supongo que habrá intervenido en la decisión.

A mí me parece que podría contar con buenos minutos, hablando desde el punto de competencia en el puesto, porque desconozco el nivel actual de Guerrero, pero al menos por dentro John Egbunu ha pedido el 'transfer', Victor Rudd se ha graduado, y eran los dos más importantes. Chris Perry supongo que será la más inmediata competencia por dentro, y luego han traído a Jaleel Cousins de JUCO y han sumado desde HS a Dre'Kalo Clayton.

Me parece una buena decisión por su parte acabar en USF. La llegada de Antigua le dará un punto de crecimiento al programa y además puede contar con minutos en una AAC que dentro de todo, no está mal.

I'll take a shot (my translation is in bolded, italicized text):

Slammer escribió (wrote) :

vmpm escribió:Pues ya tenemos a Rubén Guerrero colocado en University South Florida
(Well, we have Ruben Guerrero enrolled at USF)

¿Qué nos podéis contar para los que no seguimos con tanto detalle la NCAA
(What can you tell those of us that don't follow NCAA basketball that closely)
? ¿Nivel del equipo
(Level of team?)
? ¿Competencia
(Quality or depth)
? Lo que sea será bienvenido
(Anything is appreciated)

Han tenido unas últimas semanas bastante movidas en South Florida con todo el tema de Masiello (They've had some chaotic weeks at USF with the whole Masiello issue) y toda la avalancha de salidas por el cambio de entrenador (and with the avalanche of transfers due to coaching change). Iba a decir que se estaba empezando a notar la mano de Orlando Antigua para sumar nuevos nombres pero no se hasta qué punto habrá tenido mano en el tema de Guerrero (I was going to say that I knew Orlando Antigua would have a hand on a list of new recruits, but I am not sure how extensively he had been recruiting Guerrero) . De todos modos, supongo que habrá intervenido en la decisión (Anyway, I suppose that Antigua's recruiting had to have had an impact on Guerrero's decision).

A mí me parece que podría contar con buenos minutos (I think he'll be able to count on getting good minutes), hablando desde el punto de competencia en el puesto (speaking solely from a quality of depth for the position point of view), porque desconozco el nivel actual de Guerrero (because I'm unaware of Guerrero's level of playing talent), pero al menos por dentro John Egbunu ha pedido el 'transfer' (Egbunu has requested to transfer), Victor Rudd se ha graduado (Rudd has graduated), y eran los dos más importantes (And these were the two most important). Chris Perry supongo que será la más inmediata competencia por dentro (Chris Perry, I suppose, will provide immediate depth "down low"), y luego han traído a Jaleel Cousins de JUCO (and they have brought in Cousins from JuCo) y han sumado desde HS a Dre'Kalo Clayton (and they've added Clayton from high school).

Me parece una buena decisión por su parte acabar en USF (I think it's a good decision on his part to land at USF). La llegada de Antigua le dará un punto de crecimiento al programa (Antigua's arrival will provide a point of development to the program) y además puede contar con minutos en una AAC que dentro de todo, no está mal (additionally he can count on getting minutes in the AAC, which all things considered, isn't bad).

The poster's grammar is horrendous. The posting was full of run-on sentences, and I would have structured the translation differently, but it would have taken me much longer to properly re-write what some guy wrote about Guerrero from Spain.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Slammer wrote:

Slammer escribió:

The poster's grammar is horrendous. The posting was full of run-on sentences, and I would have structured the translation differently, but it would have taken me much longer to properly re-write what some guy wrote about Guerrero from Spain.

el smazza?

• Upvote 1

Thanks Paisa for that translation:

y luego han traído a Jaleel Cousins de JUCO (and they have brought in Cousins from JuCo)

Since Cousin' visited USF, I haven't found any recent updates on him. In addition, his tweets are protected https://twitter.com/J_cousins15.

It seems plausible that he could be a silent USF verbal.

I suppose we will find out, one way or the other, shortly.

Cousins could help us out immediately.

If he came here, we still would have one more scholarship available..

I posted another possibility, Oklahoma transfer Kamari Murphy, in  the Canty thread on the recruiting board and am pasting that here for your consideration.

Perhaps, they have a plan to play together.

kareem canty â€@KCANTY1 May 7

I'm happy for my brother @Oakstate_Murphy now we just need to make it happen !!!

KOTV - The News On 6 â€@NewsOn6Sports May 8

Top rebounder and shot blocker Kamari Murphy will transfer from Oklahoma State. http://www.newson6.com/story/25464755/cowboys-forward-granted-transfer-release â€¦

1. Coach Chris Williams â€@CoachChrisW1LL May 8
  2. @Oakstate_Murphy best of luck with you new endeavors. I see ppl back on you now that u a Free Agent. Lol

1. @CoachChrisW1LL lol yea it starts all over

BTW, Coach Chris Williams is a close friend of CoachO

Older tweets:

Murphy played against USF

Oklahoma State Stats â€@OKStateStats 6 Dec 2012

Kamari Murphy really came around in the USF game. Seems to has figured out the college game and his role on the team @Oakstate_Murphy.

They played together

Daniel Martinâ€@DMartinCSN 20 Jul 2011

RT @NYPost_Raimondi: Kyle Anderson had 16 points, Kamari Murphy had 13 and Kareem Canty had 11 for For the Love of ... http://tmi.me/dhHEY

Murphy would sit out the 2014-15 season and have two years of eligibility starting in 2015-16

He took a post-graduate year at IMG Academy in Florida, so he's spent a good deal of time down here already. Since he has to sit out a year anyway, he might find doing that that more pleasant in Tampa with his old friend KCanty by his side.

The  big question is whether he's really homesick to get back to New York. We certainly now have enough New Yorkers in MBB to make it feel like he's there. LOL

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Murphy would sit out the 2014-15 season and have two years of eligibility starting in 2015-16

He took a post-graduate year at IMG Academy in Florida, so he's spent a good deal of time down here already. Since he has to sit out a year anyway, he might find doing that that more pleasant in Tampa with his old friend KCanty by his side.

The  big question is whether he's really homesick to get back to New York. We certainly now have enough New Yorkers in MBB to make it feel like he's there. LOL

Not to mention the amount of New Yorkers that live in Tampa!

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Great work, Mama...thanks!!

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I been keeping an eye on Troy Holston's teammate Isaiah Manderson who signed with Oregon St and Craig Robinson who has since been fired. Now the key for him becoming available is OSU cannot hire Coach David Grace who is the current asst at UCLA and the guy that Manderson and other players on that roster are campaigning for. Grace recruited Manderson to Oregon St.

Isaiah Manderson â€@proboundzay 

I read that Coach Grace may get the head coaching job at Oregon State if he does I will stay he recruited me b4 he left for UCLA and at UCLA

However it's looking like OSU is going for the glamor hire instead

SN source: Oregon State looking hard at former point guards Stoudamire, Porter for next coach

If Manderson decommits, he would be a very sought after Big Man.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

So far it looks like Orlando & staff are doing a pretty good job of filling holes, and that's just what they're doing at the last minute. I like to think about what they'll be able to do with more time!