• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

C Rubén Guerrero signed LOI

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The  big question is whether he's really homesick to get back to New York. We certainly now have enough New Yorkers in MBB to make it feel like he's there. LOL

Paci's Pizza down near Plant High School will give him a great "taste" of NY, if he's feeling homesick for some NY-style. Assuming the kid comes here, of course.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Being originally from New York myself, I'll have to try Paci's. My favorite NY Pizza in Tampa is Alfonso's which is located in the Big Lots strip mall on Bearss & Florida.

Alfonso's Pizzeria

(813) 962-3757 14942

N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33613

Offical site:

http://www.alfonsospizzeria.com/aboutus

Alphonso's reviews

http://www.yellowpages.com/tampa-fl/mip/alfonsos-pizzeria-206345?lid=206345

http://foodio54.com/restaurant/Tampa-FL/1c879/Alfonsos-Restaurant--Pizzeria

Article on NY-Style Pizza in Tampa Bay

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/07/01/best-authentic-new-york-style-pizza-in-tampa-bay/

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This came up in class the other day.

Having lived in NYC and drucnk the water there, it's no big deal.

But ...

Some folks were claiming that it's the water that makes the city's pizza different from anywhere else - so much so that some parlor in Miami even imports their cooking water direct from NYC.

You concur?

But ...

Some folks were claiming that it's the water that makes the city's pizza different from anywhere else - so much so that some parlor in Miami even imports their cooking water direct from NYC.

You concur?

I've always thought that it was NYC water which gave pizza and bagels the best flavor and texture.

You don't have to go to Miami to test out the theory.

Eddie & Sam’s NY Pizza

Downtown Tampa

203 E Twiggs St.

Tampa, FL 33602-4404

813-229-8500

www.eddieandsamspizza.com

Eddie & Sam’s is proud to serve “real New York pizza made with real New York water.†New York tap water is delivered to the restaurant and gives the crust its mouth-watering taste and texture in every huge, foldable slice. The pizza menu covers all the usual bases and also features some unique pies such as Eggplant Parmigiana Pizza and Lasagna Pizza. Just remember to saveicon1.png room for a cannoli or a piece of tiramisu.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Yea, I was just going to post about Eddie and Sam's and say it's the best around. I'll walk there once a week and grab a pizza. It's the only place that I know that imports the water from NYC. 

I been keeping an eye on Troy Holston's teammate Isaiah Manderson who signed with Oregon St and Craig Robinson who has since been fired. Now the key for him becoming available is OSU cannot hire Coach David Grace who is the current asst at UCLA and the guy that Manderson and other players on that roster are campaigning for. Grace recruited Manderson to Oregon St.

Isaiah Manderson â€@proboundzay 

I read that Coach Grace may get the head coaching job at Oregon State if he does I will stay he recruited me b4 he left for UCLA and at UCLA

However it's looking like OSU is going for the glamor hire instead

SN source: Oregon State looking hard at former point guards Stoudamire, Porter for next coach

If Manderson decommits, he would be a very sought after Big Man.

Thanks. I hope it happens. He would help us out immediately.

BTW, Robert Carter Jr has been released from GT. Some very good late transfers still available.

“Transferring has become commonplace; it is now part of the culture and fabric of the college basketball landscape. You have to move on and keep building."

http://yellowjackedup.com/2014/05/13/georgia-tech-forward-robert-carter-jr-transfer/

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

But ...

You concur?

I'm not sure if Paci's brings in water from NYC, but after having tried Eddie & Sam's, I think Paci's has them beat.

But ...

You concur?

I'm not sure if Paci's brings in water from NYC, but after having tried Eddie & Sam's, I think Paci's has them beat.

I too am not sure if they really use NYC water, although they have been claiming that for 30 years. Their regular pizza is too thin and floppy for my taste. Their Sicilian is very good.      

The owner of Alfonso's told me that E&S doesn't really use NYC water, but I would expect him to say that. LOL

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^^ Further proof that here at TBP, we can pull any topic back to food. :D

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

As a chemical engineer in the water treatment industry importing water from NY to Florida to make pizza dough is absolutely insane.  The same could be accomplished by purchasing local demeralized water and adding back specific salts to meet water quality objectives.  It's a common practice in some beverage manufacturing segments.

Importing tap water...  :facepalm: