• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Knight: Former Board Member and Player Blasts Genshaft

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

"(The Masiello ordeal) is just another black eye for this school, and in the end somebody has to be the fall guy for it," said USF basketball alumnus Kevin Keever, who recently stepped down after 31 years on the athletic booster club's board of directors.

"It has to stop at the top and our athletic program has been a debacle since Judy (Genshaft) became president."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/basketball/college/false-information-on-resume-costs-steve-masiello-usf-mens-basketball-job/2172047

I think he has overstated the impact of this issue on USF - the black eye. Some agree with that but very few especially when you consider most stories as reported on the 'net. The locals are a little more split about it including the media and the bloggers.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

Pretty sure that a former player and BoD member coming out and ripping into our President looks worse than us not hiring a guy who lied on his resume. Thanks, Kevin!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

USF truly did nothing wrong in this situation, it just feels bad to us because this info got leaked, and we thought we had a great hire on our hands.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

USF truly did nothing wrong in this situation, it just feels bad to us because this info got leaked, and we thought we had a great hire on our hands.

Depends on what you mean by "USF"

Obviously, SOMEBODY within  USF shared info they clearly should not have.

Now, whether this leak was "unofficially" encoureaged by Harlan, or the work of a loose cannon makes a huge difference.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

And Iraq was a slam dunk. Sometimes we get fooled, even our govt. Glad usf caught it in time. Judy should still be held accountable for the state of our programs though and I feel one little slip and she could go too.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

I am in full agreement with former athletic BOD Kevin Keever and am glad he spoke out about this debacle and the poor job Judy Genshaft has done re: Athletics.

Harlan's first big project and he created a dumpster fire! He is in over his head! Great first fan experience Mark Harlan!

I am in full agreement with former athletic BOD Kevin Keever and am glad he spoke out about this debacle and the poor job Judy Genshaft has done re: Athletics.

Harlan's first big project and he created a dumpster fire! He is in over his head! Great first fan experience Mark Harlan!

866779d1391317367-full-suspension-ss-adj

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Sounds like ol' Kevin is taking his ball and going home.

Oh what I wouldn't give to have that sort of righteous indignation. Rich people problems I guess.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'll back Judy on this one. This Ass Clown Board Member was part of the "we don't need FB" era. Kevin,what were you doing to advance USF Athletics in 31 years? Why does no one even know who you are? Judy is sometimes out of her depth on athletic issues, but her heart is always in the right place. This guy is just a Monday Morning QB who drops snaps.

• Upvote 2

"(The Masiello ordeal) is just another black eye for this school, and in the end somebody has to be the fall guy for it," said USF basketball alumnus Kevin Keever, who recently stepped down after 31 years on the athletic booster club's board of directors.

"It has to stop at the top and our athletic program has been a debacle since Judy (Genshaft) became president."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/basketball/college/false-information-on-resume-costs-steve-masiello-usf-mens-basketball-job/2172047

I think he has overstated the impact of this issue on USF - the black eye. Some agree with that but very few especially when you consider most stories as reported on the 'net. The locals are a little more split about it including the media and the bloggers.

And I'm guessing he was ASKED to step down. His quote sounds like a whole bushel of very sour grapies