• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

maybe our players cant see!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

our arena is so dark 

contrast that with gator's arena---it looks like they are playing at noon outside it is  so well lit

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The other teams seem to be able to see well enough.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Maybe we could try playing with these on?

2D.jpg

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

^ That

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

^ Esto

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

I hate to give a serious reply, but here it goes. 

The court is lit equally well at USF compared to UF or anyone else. 

What you are seeing is lights in the building lighting the fan areas (house lights). USF keeps them sort of medium. UF has them on blast. I remember Houston back in the C-USA days (and maybe still now, but I didn't watch our game at Houston) used to keep the arena very dark, except the court. 

UF's lights I'm sure are to show off the crowds to tv audiences. USF would have no logical reason to do that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I do think the arena is dark. But the court is well lit.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

What you are seeing is lights in the building lighting the fan areas (house lights). USF keeps them sort of medium. UF has them on blast. I remember Houston back in the C-USA days (and maybe still now, but I didn't watch our game at Houston) used to keep the arena very dark, except the court. 

UF's lights I'm sure are to show off the crowds to tv audiences. USF would have no logical reason to do that. 

Thanks

I wasn't really going for a serious reply, given the stupid topic (any surprise based on who the OP is?)

The arena is lit fine... if you've ever been in it (...Smazza...?) you would be able to tell.

You can also see as you've mentioned that the lights on the seats are dim, but for events outside of the actual game, they can be lit up just as bright.

OBVIOUSLY they do not want to brightly light up the empty seats in the arena.  Many teams do this... and not just college basketball. Heck, even many other televised non-sporting events in many venues do this as well. Its a very common practice.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073

Thanks

I wasn't really going for a serious reply, given the stupid topic (any surprise based on who the OP is?)

The arena is lit fine... if you've ever been in it (...Smazza...?) you would be able to tell.

You can also see as you've mentioned that the lights on the seats are dim, but for events outside of the actual game, they can be lit up just as bright.

OBVIOUSLY they do not want to brightly light up the empty seats in the arena.  Many teams do this... and not just college basketball. Heck, even many other televised non-sporting events in many venues do this as well. Its a very common practice.

i have been in it and it is dark