• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So if there is a new BB Coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

If a new AD is in place by the Final 4 and decides to let Stan go who do we get?  How do we afford to pay 4 coaches for BB and FB?  Stan's buyout is 1.2M. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

How do you even know who will be available until the season is over?

If they decide to make a move, which I think would be stupid at this point, it is part of playing in the big leagues. The asministration will figure it out.

The only way making a move now would make any sense would be if you get a big time, big name proven winner.

I don't see it happening.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Don't settle, we're USF.  I say Roy Williams, Coach K. or Bill Self.  Anyone else is out of the question.  We are USF.

I LOL'd

• Upvote 1

BA - I love it - missed you today at the game

Was talking about that today - planning on it Cubs/Brewers on Friday night at Miller Park.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

BA - I love it - missed you today at the game

Were you on the first level? The NYC fans that bought through athletics were placed in the 2nd level. I was disappointed that we were separated from the rest of our fans.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Don't settle, we're USF.  I say Roy Williams, Coach K. or Bill Self.  Anyone else is out of the question.  We are USF.

Whoever said we are going to settle??? Come on wake!!! Time to smell the coffee!! If you are not inside, you are outside, pal!!! 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  156

Don't settle. Phil Jackson's schedule seems to be clear. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Imagine that cash would be even more of an issue if USF had an OCS. Maintenance, insurance, etc.. Cha ching.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

Here is my short list. How about the former Va Tech coach who works at ESPN now? How about the guy who won all those championships at UCLA, the guy Bill Walton is always talking about (not Bird or McHale, by the way), Ok, for that matter, Bird and McHale. Bobby Knight isn't currently coaching, is he?

Reality check #1 - we are less then two years past our most successful season in our program's history.

Reality check #2 - we are not a great basketball job that will attract the best candidates.

Reality check #3 - we have good young players coming off a good recruiting class, and another good class coming in.

Reality check #4 - even if you ignore the last 3 points, we can not afford to pay another person to not work for our school. we recently went from a $12 million a year projection in league tv revenue to a bag of wet peanuts that gets shipped to us once a year as our thanks for playing on ESPN4.ca for all those living in Alberta. We have too many bills to pay for 2 head coaches.

• Upvote 1