• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your Move TBPers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Excellent choice. Thats a really complex tasting bourbon. Though I found that it really falls apart when you add ice/water. Did you get it at Total Wine at Millenia? Not many places carry it around here. Mine was maker's whiskey sour (syrup, lemon juice and bourbon)

I got it from ABC on Alafaya.  I usually drink it neat, although last night I used my Whiskey Stones.

I'm in Hunter's Creek, so I get my Knobb Creek from the ABC at The Loop.  Angel's Envy looks to "light" for my taste, but I'll give her a try at some point.

I really like it.  It's aged in old port wine casks.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Excellent choice. Thats a really complex tasting bourbon. Though I found that it really falls apart when you add ice/water. Did you get it at Total Wine at Millenia? Not many places carry it around here. Mine was maker's whiskey sour (syrup, lemon juice and bourbon)

I got it from ABC on Alafaya.  I usually drink it neat, although last night I used my Whiskey Stones.

I'm in Hunter's Creek, so I get my Knobb Creek from the ABC at The Loop.  Angel's Envy looks to "light" for my taste, but I'll give her a try at some point.

I really like it.  It's aged in old port wine casks.

Do you or have you had other bourbon's?  I've recently been trying several and I'm curious which one the flavor profile might be comparable to.  Would it taste more like a Woodford Reseve or more like Maker's Mark?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I got it from ABC on Alafaya. I usually drink it neat, although last night I used my Whiskey Stones.
I'm in Hunter's Creek, so I get my Knobb Creek from the ABC at The Loop. Angel's Envy looks to "light" for my taste, but I'll give her a try at some point.
I really like it. It's aged in old port wine casks.
Do you or have you had other bourbon's? I've recently been trying several and I'm curious which one the flavor profile might be comparable to. Would it taste more like a Woodford Reseve or more like Maker's Mark?
Probably more woodford.... double oaked if you had that before. Lots going on in Angel's envy. Makers uses more corn than most in their mash so its a bit sweeter than most. Woodford uses more rye so its a bit sharper. Single barrel 4 roses is somewhat comprable to AE.

What he said ^

I like Maker's Mark, but believe it doesn't live up to the hype.   I also like W. L. Weller, it's comparable to Maker's Mark.  I've all the ones that Bullphin mentioned and they are all good.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Blanton's single barrel for me. Got gold edition from a client for christmas! Haven't tried it yet though

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Jai Lai and a cigar at Tampa Humidor followed by the Independent.

Today was baby back ribs and Pussars Rum

I like Maker's Mark, but believe it doesn't live up to the hype.   I also like W. L. Weller, it's comparable to Maker's Mark.  I've all the ones that Bullphin mentioned and they are all good.

Thanks to both you and Bullphin, I will definitely have to give AE a try.  I'm really not big on Maker's Mark.  I like Knob Creek the most but Woodford is pretty close.  AE sounds like more my style.  

Edited by ShadowBull

Interesting, now that I look it up, that Knob Creek is a "traditional" bourbon while Woodford Reserve falls in the Rye flavored group.  Maker's Mark falls into the wheat category so I know to stay clear of that.